Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Re: Canseco 88 WS Jersey!!!!! need opinions ASAP

Hey Rudy, I was just going too post it. this is really werid, it just sold for $2092 plus hammer fee on universal rarities last month. so the guy buys it for $2500 including hammer fee, and now selling it on ebay for $1799. theres something wrong here, its been auctioned off 3 times in 4 months. I still want this jersey, but with all this other stuff going on I really don't know. its really too bad its framed. thanks Dan

so dan.. what do you think?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160110612801

rudy.

Hey Rudy, I saw that too. it seems like a bunch of new Canseco things came on ebay. It looks ok. do you know if the seller , is a member on here? I might bid on it, I just want some info on the 88 jersey first. I sent them an email. thanks for the heads up. Dan

hi dan,

i don't know the seller at all. i do know that some dealer, who deals mainly in hockey items, bought a whole wack of rangers spring training shirts and mis-identified many of them. the thing is, i don't know what he really bought. major league ST shirts? legit major league BP gamers? minor league shirts? who knows. (see this thread: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=7716 ) i do know that if i were looking for a 1994 canseco bp shirt, i'd prefer a russell.

rudy.

Hey Rudy, thanks for those pics. Its hard sometimes to identify bp or ST jerseys too certain years. I might stay away now. I'm still frustrated with the 88 world series jersey. I havent heard back from them yet, and I might not. its just some things about it, don't make sense. thanks Dan

I don't understand people that list something on ebay for $2000 with virtually no description and then won't answer email questions about the item.

-Jason M

Hey Jason, this whole thing is frustrating. the company that is auctioning it off , is owned by GAI . I want to know what the COA says. did they do it before or after it was framed. also, why has it been auctioned off 3 times in 4 months. theres something werid here. If they don't get back too me by monday, I'm going too call their customer service number. thanks Dan

Did it sell?

I got incontact with the people, and we discused the jersey. they took it out of the frame, and it wasent glued bit pinned on. there are a handful of small holes on the jersey. I then decided too buy the jersey. I wasent a big fan of the small holes, but beggers cant be choosers. I just got the jersey today, and it looks good. I see the small holes, but its not that bad. theres always ways too fill in the holes. the tagging is all correct too my other 1988 jerseys. the best part was, I just photo matched it too a card. one of the number 3's on the back, was coming off. so when I looked at the card, you could see the number coming off as he swung the bat. also the world series patch matches up perfectly. so it is a world series gamer. I'm thinking my other world series jersey, was maybe used in the ALCS and then added the patch on as a back up. one thing is all 3 of my 1988 jerseys, have the exact tagging. size 46, set 1- 1988 , 2 inch exta length. I'll post some pics of it on my webshots. thanks Dan

dan,

is there any way you can show the photomatch?

thanks,

rudy.