Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Re: Who among us has the most bats of a single player?

How many bats have you confronted a player with at the same time, at a signing?

I've gone to numerous signings where I had 6-8 bats for one player to sign - I know the guy who does the shows here pretty well, and if I have that many, he'll either give me part of a table off to the side, so I don't have to carry them all through a line, or he'll let me put them on the signing table before the player gets there, and be first - but my record for one player at one signing is 14.

Greg Colbrunn was signing at a card shop, and before he got there I got permission from the owner to line up all these bats behind the counter, so
    Greg could sign them before he started signing everybody else's stuff. They represented every team he'd ever played on to that point, and even a few from the minor leagues. I also had a couple of his Atlanta jerseys, and some other things. Colby's a pretty humble guy, and seemed genuinely confused that somebody would have that many of his bats.

I've got 15 Vince Coleman Bats plus one on the way for a total of 16.

I have 9 Bo Jackson game used bats. I'm always looking for more.

Drew

eighty9asmvpbats@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by DonTheLegend View Post
    wow!!

how long have you been collecting Thome, and more specifically Thome bats?

i can appreciate the amount of time and energy you must have spent in getting these together.

I have been collecting thome items since the early 90's. I have had some neat items over the years and have met some great fellow collectors. My thome collection has been in Beckett, SCD and Directv actually aired my thome collection once an hour, 24 hours per day for an entire month..

Quote Originally Posted by thome25.com View Post
    I have been collecting thome items since the early 90's. I have had some neat items over the years and have met some great fellow collectors. My thome collection has been in Beckett, SCD and Directv actually aired my thome collection once an hour, 24 hours per day for an entire month..
    always good to have the collection broadcast on tv. with google earth today, your location can be found within minutes - be careful... (this guy has a freakin' museum collection)

Banned

I have over 44 game used Jose Canseco bats. Eventhough I represented him for many years, I collected his bats before we met and started doing business.

But, the part of my personal collection that has taken the most time is my florida marlins game used bat collection. I have one game used bat from every marlins that has ever played since they started in 1993.!! Every year I manage to find another rookie that I did not have the year before. This is really challenging and difficult but extremely fun !! I currently have over 175 different game used Marlins bats....

GrndSlm@aol.com
    Juan Iglesias

I have 10 bats of Toby Hall's . Two of them are Home Run bats . Toby was/is an assh*le when I met him in 2006 , so I bought a few of his bats to put a hex on him .

Seems to have worked , he pretty much sucks and is a bench warmer since being traded from the Devil Rays .......

Name:  tobyhallcollect1.jpg
Views: 1105
Size:  404.8 KB
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Banned

Wow Juan,

That is impressive! You are completely caught up from 1993-current? Are you only collecting position players or pitchers too? That is a cool collection.

Andy

Hello: I Have 13 Bats Of Henry Blanco...

I think this thread has shown the diversity out there in the collecting world. For almost the entire thread, I've been thinking "why would anyone want 15 bats of THAT stiff??" But then I look around my room at all the bats and autos of players nobody else has ever heard of, I understand.

Ken