Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: August Pickups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gucollector View Post
    Not the police, just find it funny people sell their new prized "pickups" 3 minutes after they buy them. Best of luck selling.
    I haven't observed Scott (jetersbatboy) enough to know whether buy-to-promote-and-resell is habitual for him or not. But I wish I saw the habitual offenders called out it more often. The abuses of a few make it hard for many to collect. Its a vicious cycle.

Until we eschew the items the buy-to-promote-and-resell folks with an inverse halo effect regarding those items' perceived worth, I fear they will continue to adversely affect our hobby.

In the Reds collecting community we sadly have one of the worst offenders and everybody I've ever talked to totally despises the guy. But few people call out his offenses here to broaden the awareness awareness of him in the National Game Used Collecting Community.

I have no ties with anyone on the forum so I am not taking anyones side...I do actually welcome the fact that people promote their items and make them available for sale if someone is willing to drop a few bucks over what they paid...it allows them some profit for their time and more items available on the open market....not everyone can be close to the honey holes where the items originate
    WTB or Trade for LSU GU Jerseys and other LSU GU items email me at gaytorhater703@gmail.com

Banned

Smile Re: August Pickups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    '61-'62 Mickey Mantle B220 bat:

The B220 model was ordered in the '61-'63 labeling period, though this bat has a background provenance story placing it to the two year time period. Plus the orders, except for one, were all made then as well. Those two years were significant for Mantle and the Yankees, with 1961 being the big home run chase with Maris, with Mick finishing second in the MVP race and the Yankees winning the Series. They also won the World Series in 1962, the last one for that era of the Yankee dynasty, with Mantle then also being named MVP for the season.
    The bat has really great use overall, with both sides of the barrel showing heavy grain separation from the switch hitting Mantle, ball and seam marks, and large areas of bat rack scrapes and marks as well.
    I owe a big thank you to fellow forum member Scott Foraker for making the introduction to the seller, as he knew I was looking for a nice Mantle bat.

Ben
    Ben:

As usual, another fantastic HOF bat pickup. How many HoFers do you have now?

Dave Miedema

A couple more GU Z's Jerseys.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Late 70's early 80's WSU baseball jersey and basketball warmup. I also added an 85-87 Mike Boddicker jacket. I've been wanting one of these for awhile.

Craig Gentry Game Used 1994 Throwback helmet from 7/7/12 vs. Minnesota.
    Name:  Gentry Helmet1.JPG
Views: 1026
Size:  143.3 KB

Name:  Gentry Helmet2.JPG
Views: 1005
Size:  69.4 KB

Name:  Gentry Helmet3.JPG
Views: 998
Size:  97.7 KB

Banned

Finally got a 2012 Josh Hamilton game used bat and didn't need to break the bank buying it. This bat has the exact same specifications of the bat he used to hit the 4 home runs (35.0/34.0). Most of the H359 bats seem to be 32 or 33oz. It's even signed with a nice signature. Glad I was patient.

Does anyone know what LDM on the knob means? I've seen this with a few other of his games.

Banned

Not really game used but this is kind of related to my PR4192 corked bat. I had Pete document the date of the picture taken on the front of the Beckett cover and sign a pick to me to keep up the good work.

Picked up this andrew mccutchen 2010 marucci