Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: August Pickups!!!

Been on a roll this month! Picked up a couple more hit baseballs. First is a base hit RBI single by Robinson Cano.

Session Name: NYY AT DET
    Session Date: August 06, 2012
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: BATTER - ROBINSON CANO, PITCHER - JUSTIN VERLANDER, TOP OF 5, RBI SINGLE

Second is a base hit single by Chipper Jones. Thank to Chris on this ball!

Session Name: ATL AT PHI
    Session Date: July 07, 2012
    Autographer:
    Additional Information: BATTER - CHIPPER JONES, PITCHER - JOE BLANTON, TOP OF 4, SINGLE
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Great pickups Scott.

I am trying to track down the guy that has the photo that you wanted. He doesn't work at the shop that I saw him at, I asked a cousin of his to get him to call me. ! will let you know when I hear from him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jetersbatboy View Post
    Been on a roll this month! Picked up a couple more hit baseballs. First is a base hit RBI single by Robinson Cano.

Session Name: NYY AT DET
    Session Date: August 06, 2012
    Autographer:
    Additional Information: BATTER - ROBINSON CANO, PITCHER - JUSTIN VERLANDER, TOP OF 5, RBI SINGLE

Second is a base hit single by Chipper Jones. Thank to Chris on this ball!

Session Name: ATL AT PHI
    Session Date: July 07, 2012
    Autographer:
    Additional Information: BATTER - CHIPPER JONES, PITCHER - JOE BLANTON, TOP OF 4, SINGLE

And its for sale on eBay already... wow!

Quote Originally Posted by gucollector View Post
    Yes it is!

Yes it is!
    I'm guessing you have a problem with this? I bought the Cano before the Chipper hit the market, but I can only keep one. As I have my eye on something else. But I guess I have to explain this to you because your the eBay re-sale police? Thanks for feeling the need to adress the re-sale of the Cano ball.

'61-'62 Mickey Mantle B220 bat:

The B220 model was ordered in the '61-'63 labeling period, though this bat has a background provenance story placing it to the two year time period. Plus the orders, except for one, were all made then as well. Those two years were significant for Mantle and the Yankees, with 1961 being the big home run chase with Maris, with Mick finishing second in the MVP race and the Yankees winning the Series. They also won the World Series in 1962, the last one for that era of the Yankee dynasty, with Mantle then also being named MVP for the season.
    The bat has really great use overall, with both sides of the barrel showing heavy grain separation from the switch hitting Mantle, ball and seam marks, and large areas of bat rack scrapes and marks as well.
    I owe a big thank you to fellow forum member Scott Foraker for making the introduction to the seller, as he knew I was looking for a nice Mantle bat.

Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Killer Mantle bat.

I'm guessing you have a problem with this? I bought the Cano before the Chipper hit the market, but I can only keep one. As I have my eye on something else. But I guess I have to explain this to you because your the eBay re-sale police? Thanks for feeling the need to adress the re-sale of the Cano ball.
    Not the police, just find it funny people sell their new prized "pickups" 3 minutes after they buy them. Best of luck selling.

Not the police, just find it funny people sell their new prized "pickups" 3 minutes after they buy them. Best of luck selling.
    I'm glad you find it funny, we all need a good laugh! But I didn't use the word "Prized" when describing the Cano ball. If you'd like to talk about prized pickups search back on this thread and last month. I picked up a Ichiro hit ball, and a Jeter signed hit ball, those are "prized" pickups. We all sell sometimes because we over buy, or something else comes up, or we just want to turn a profit. Nothing's wrong with that. So I'm not sure why you find the need to question me or others on the forum like you have done before.

Sweet Mantle bat