Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: GFC Who got what?

Quote Originally Posted by drexler22 View Post
    I'm wondering how you guys pay for thse stuff? i just got my invoice and it say's due date is the 16th of April?
    Just spoke with Debbie at Grey Flannel Auctions, and she said that they put the date of the 16th on the invoice to communicate that the payment is due immediately, not 30, 60, or 90 days out, as they have to pay their consigners. She also said that mailing in a payment for them to receive next week is standard practice and is not a problem.

Hope that helps.

I won the 1960's Minnesota Twins Jacket. I've seen several of these jackets over the years; but never able to win one.. Steve

Regarding the Young....AMI said that the seller of the Young was extremely reputable and they had no questions relative to its Authenticity. I explained that there are rumors that another Individual already owned the Jersey and he was surprised to hear that. After many attempts to get the "Coaches Letter" and no response from the Consignor over a 1 week period, he felt that it was odd and that he understood why we would bid carefully based on the Facts at hand.

At the end of the day, I felt comfortable with the Jersey (but not without the letter) and was hoping that all the negative publicity would drive the price down. What did it end up selling for? I went to look for it and it was off the AMI website????

Did anyone on here end up with the Maurice Jones-Drew jersey?

Banned

I can honestly say awhile back i signed up to bid on GFC. Then I went to bid and found out I was banned before even making a bid. Never had an issue with any other companies. I took my business elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mmonte4 View Post
    The price for the NBA stuff were just crazy, EXPECT for the MJ items. That 92 jersey should be around 8-10k and it went for much less. And the rookie gamer went for only 15k (i doubt the authenticity on that one though, and i think bidders felt the same).

I bid on the Kobe short shorts around 1am cst and my max bid ended up being outbid by one unit. It happens to me EVERY gfc auction - someone goes one increment higher!

I feel bad for whoever bought the 93 Shaq AS jersey because its 100% NOT game worn. I've got the game on tape and still shots of shaq at the free throw line - the nba logo near the collar is way off. Oh well, if buyer didn't do his research then too bad.

I bid on the 1992 MJ jersey, was the second to last bid. I wasn't completely confident on it actually being worn since the photo's I could find didn't match up so I wasn't too pissed I lost it. It was a decent deal though!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    I can honestly say awhile back i signed up to bid on GFC. Then I went to bid and found out I was banned before even making a bid. Never had an issue with any other companies. I took my business elsewhere.
    Are you sure you were banned? Were you trying to bid on a premier lot? If so they make you get seperate approval for that besides just approval to bid in general.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ndestrucktable View Post
    I bid on the 1992 MJ jersey, was the second to last bid. I wasn't completely confident on it actually being worn since the photo's I could find didn't match up so I wasn't too pissed I lost it. It was a decent deal though!
    If you question if it was real, how could it be a decent deal?

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    If you question if it was real, how could it be a decent deal?
    I am baseing that off of other MJ's I have seen sold. All the other jersey's I have seen sold pre-1992 seem to sell around 8,000 plus. You just never know with MJ jerseys so I wasn't willing to go higher.

Quote Originally Posted by dcgreg25 View Post
    I won the Victor Martinez Red Sox Home Jersey and batting helmet for what I thought were fair but aggressive prices. I got outbid on a CC Sabathia Indians jersey I wanted pretty badly but could not bring myself to go north of $1500 for an Indians jersey even though it is from a specific game. I have five or six Sabathia's with team or MLB paperwork and never paid more than around $500 to $700. Oh well, I was happy to get the Martinez jersey and helmet as I also have his road jersey from last year with the Sox. It sounds like the GUU membership made quite an impact in the auction from the number of posts in this thread.
    Greg, I knew that was you. I pulled out not wanting a repeat... too funny.

Now who bid against me for the Bobby Doerr jersey?
    Always looking for great bats from members of the Red Sox HOF.