Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: GFC Who got what?

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Final note - great time to pick up Ortiz stuff at low prices...correlated to his batting average for 2010... Varitek helmet went very cheap too. Sad
    Was surprised to see Ortiz selling so low. Was the one and only bidder on a GU hat and was thrilled to get it at a fair price.

I bid on the GU super bowl ball signed by Young but was outbid. I remember when those were being sold by Man Of Steel for 1500$ so with buyers premium that is a decent price. How the Sanders, Rice, Lott (with no wear!) and Montana (without photomatch or provenance) went for so much is shocking. If anyone has a good match for either the Rice, Sanders or Montana please let us all know. I tried to match the Sanders and found that the last S on the nameplate was not quite in line with the other letters which was why i didnt bid.

I would have liked to win the Marques Douglas Jets shirt and the Scott Fujita Saints shirts but missed the 9pm deadline. Those went for a good price. i just like Fujita and Douglas was an ex 49er.

The AMI Steve Young is a little rich for my blood especially since i just got a 1993 season playoff shirt with team letter. With Tax Time here got pay the MAN first-BUMMERS.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    How much was the Dawson?
    3000.00 plus the juice!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    $3,356 with buyers premium.

dirtyla2000, Sweet Dawson jersey! Did you get the Gold Glove too?
    no.I have his 1980 gold glove!

Yea Leagle....I was waiting for the big run on the Colston, but it never came. I'm pretty sure my last bid was few days before closing and was very excited with the price, because it was easy to match and came with all kinds of backup.

I never followed the Steve Young to the end on AMI, but researched it all week and was ready to go after it. I had no issues whatsoever about the style, but did take note that someone supposedly already had this Jersey.

I spoke with AMI at least a dozen times over producing the "Coaches Letter". Over a 7 day period, and a million messages with no return calls, they could not get the letter from the owner and they agreed that we should bid carefully.

I won the Victor Martinez Red Sox Home Jersey and batting helmet for what I thought were fair but aggressive prices. I got outbid on a CC Sabathia Indians jersey I wanted pretty badly but could not bring myself to go north of $1500 for an Indians jersey even though it is from a specific game. I have five or six Sabathia's with team or MLB paperwork and never paid more than around $500 to $700. Oh well, I was happy to get the Martinez jersey and helmet as I also have his road jersey from last year with the Sox. It sounds like the GUU membership made quite an impact in the auction from the number of posts in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    I never followed the Steve Young to the end on AMI, but researched it all week and was ready to go after it. I had no issues whatsoever about the style, but did take note that someone supposedly already had this Jersey.

I spoke with AMI at least a dozen times over producing the "Coaches Letter". Over a 7 day period, and a million messages with no return calls, they could not get the letter from the owner and they agreed that we should bid carefully.
    i too asked for the letter weeks ago but no luck either. i did photomatch the shirt though to the game based on the pattern of the mesh in the 8 on the front to a close up from the game. Just too expensive with the buyers premium. Did AMI tell you to bid carefully?

When does the next auction begin?

Better to wait for them to handle payments/shipping on recent one before thinking about consigning for next?

Thanks all..MB

Isn't their next auction the basketball HOF auction in late summer?