Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Re: Show off your player collections

Makes sense...althought the Nats could have a done a little bit of a better job on the customizing

The way the "85" is stitched on is like something I've never seen before on a MLB jersey. It's very flimsy and cheap. What a surprise, the Nats' jerseys are butchered.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    The way the "85" is stitched on is like something I've never seen before on a MLB jersey. It's very flimsy and cheap. What a surprise, the Nats' jerseys are butchered.
    Well, I'm sure that Majestic didnt do the customizing. Rather, when Milledge changed numbers, the Nats made the change in-house by stripping off the 44 and applying the 85. But hey, if he wore it.....its game worn.

Correcr Majestic did not stitch these numbers on, but Majestic does a very poor job on the Nats' jerseys and I never understood why the Nats jerseys' quality is so poor compared to other teams.

Correcr Majestic did not stitch these numbers on, but Majestic does a very poor job on the Nats' jerseys and I never understood why the Nats jerseys' quality is so poor compared to other teams.
    Glad you like your Milledge #85 jersey and kudos to you for finding that photo to match the number change. To me, it makes it quite the find! Your Milledge BP jersey w/ #85 is waiting for you!

I have a similar thing in 2005 with Ryan Zimmerman having 2 Wil Cordero jerseys re-named as they were both #25 in 2005!

Enjoy it, I hope it is the new centerpiece of your Milledge collection!!!!!!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

That photo pushed me to buy the jersey. IMO, without the picture the whole thing with the number change seems "sketchy" especially if you don;t know much about the hobby. It's a very neat jersey, and I'm just amazed by it for some reason lol. In person the jersey looks great. Thanks again

I think this question bears further research. While we have seen the other issues with the Giants, etc, the jerseys where Majestic forgot a letter in Nationals were not ridiculed, they were practically expected. I'd feel awful as a fan, how disrespected my team was. While Lastings isn't Pujols, that number change is like 80's, cheap Expos garbage versus a Pro team in 2009. On the upside, kudos for finding an actual dead on balls accurate photomatch. For you, a player collector with real passion, I was thrilled to see it as a piece in your collection. But Milledge isn't some 20 year old nobody that gets hand me downs. Hasn't he earned the right to get a fresh shirt if he changes numbers? FOr a team that can't even get their surname right, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I realize Washington isn't the Yankees but jerseys aren't that expensive. It's like watching the Charlestown Chiefs in "Slapshot" How can a pro team be treated like a Single A non-affiliated team so often? I get the feeling that one day they will be competitive, make the World Series and wear factory seconds. On the upside, photo-matching a "Zimbermon" Fashingmon Naphinals jersey can't be that hard right?
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Here's some uniform malfunctions the Nats had in 2009 http://www.natsbtn.com/2009/06/unifo...functions.html

Great points gingi79.

But lets take this into account: Milledge gave up #44 after Spring Training had started. Thus, the Nats had to quickly throw on a #85 onto his jersey while Dunn got #44. It was a change that was needed immediately so I can see why the Nats hurried. I'm sure the Nats called Majestic and had another set of Home jerseys ordered for Milledge. Based on this I was looking at pics from the regular season opener and Milledge was wearing a defferent jersey. So he definetly gets a new jersey....they just might not have had one available.

For LM85, you can probably take comfort in knowing that the jersey you have was the first jersey Milledge wore after the number switch until the new sets of jerseys came in.

Question: What does the year tag read on the inside laundry tag?

There is no year tag. Somtimes the Nats jerseys have year tags, sometimes they don't. I have three and none have the year tag (one being a bp jersey, and I don't think teams put year tags on those). I'm assuming it's a 2009 since the Nats made a change to the home jerseys for the 2009 season.