Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Re: Ozzie Smith Jersey in Heritage Auctions?

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    Just received this e-mail reply from Mark Redmond at VA:

Hello Jeff,

We don’t think it’s the same jersey. There is no evidence of restitching and the tags show more wear/coloring etc than the issued jersey you mentioned.

Thank you,

Mark
    I'm sorry, but this is simply blatant disregard for the collectors, the hobby, and for abiding the laws of our land.

This is absolutely the same jersey. The signature could not be placed in the exact same location, with the exact same similarities (like the thickness of the pen on certain swoops and such.....and yes, Jeff, the "dot" too). What kind of a fool does this Mark take everyone for?

More importantly, what does this say about Vintage Auctions?

I already know what it says, and I proudly share the fact that I have never registered to bid on their auctions, and bever will. Why? Because I don't want to sift through the piles of garbage to maybe find a piece or two of authentic origin mixed in that I may want. I'll spend my time doing something more worthwhile.

Like cleaning my bird's cage......

Re: Ozzie Smith Jersey in Vintage Authentics Auction?

Just checked on the Ozzie jersey and am happy to report that VA has done the right thing and pulled the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    Just checked on the Ozzie jersey and am happy to report that VA has done the right thing and pulled the lot.
    Great news! Props to you Jeff for pursuing this so hard and cleaning up a tiny bit of dirt in this hobby.

Banned

good job jeff but looking at some of the lots i think va has alot more pulling to do.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    good job jeff but looking at some of the lots i think va has alot more pulling to do.
    We're all ears.....list away.