X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neely8
    • Apr 2006

Re: Anybody on here go to Redsfest?

Originally posted by jshortt
    That's not true at all. It was probably me with all the jerseys, and I'm about the furthest thing from a dealer as possible. I have found it easier to pick up anything I MIGHT want and put it back, than to not grab it and decide I want it, only to find out that someone else bought it. I was told by my friends at the Reds Community Fund that the Reds' Hall of Fame got first dibs and ransacked the G/U stock the night before. They took just about anybody who was semi-popular. There WERE 2 dealers at the front of the line, and I witnessed the RCF tell them that if the Reds/RCF saw them selling anything they purchased, the dealers would be booted from the Convention Center and not allowed back.

Here is what I got:

Bats
    Jay Bruce LS (only one I saw, nice saw off on back of barrell)
    Josh Hamilton LS (cracked in several places)
    Josh Hamilton CTG Sig model (barely cracked, and only sig CTG I've ever seen)
    Norris Hopper X Bat (uncracked)
    Jeff Keppinger LS (H crack, and MLB Auth.)
    David Ross Big Stick (barely cracked and MLB Auth.)
    Bill Bray Big Stick

Jerseys
    Matt Belisle Home
    Bill Bray Road Grey
    Jeff Keppinger Spring Training
    Chris Valaika Spring Training

Batting Helmets
    Josh Hamilton 2007 (the one that was mentioned)
    Edwin Encarnacion 2007

There were a few bats for $25 that I wish I hadn't put back (Denorfia, Kearns, F. Lopez), and that I know of, I only saw 1 Phillips, 2 Harangs, no Arroyos, several Dunns (including one that was taped and used by Jose Rijo, lol), a few Hamiltons (less than they should have had considering how many he broke), and the one Jay Bruce that I bought. At one point I had a 2005 Harang Home, but put it back b/c upon further inspection, it was just a 'team issue' and they wanted $400 for it. They really didn't have much in the realm of 'popular' players (thanks HOF). I had and put back, or gave to friends:

Jerseys
    Hatteberg Sunday Alt.
    Hatteberg Road Grey
    Hatteberg BP signed
    Hatteberg BP
    Marcus McBeth Home
    Bobby Livingston Home
    Bobby Livingston Road Grey
    Chris Dickerson Spring Training
    Encarnacion Sunday Alt. (ended up being 'team issue')

Nick, email is on the way!

-Josh
    Josh,
    Since you don't accept PM's can you email me at njvette1@aol.com? I have a quick question for you. Thanks, John.

Comment

Working...