• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eGameUsed
    Banned
    • Jan 2006

Re: Post interesting game issued items here

Rudy,

On the Ensberg, this white alternate jersey and another 2006 Ensberg pinstripe were originally offered to me by Robert Weitzner, a seller recently questioned regarding MaxBats. He burned me on a game issued 2005 Clemens road that had a bogus tag and refused to take it back stating it was indeed game issued.
    Thanks,

Comment

• kingjammy24
      • Nov 2005

rudy.

Comment

• Eric
        • Jan 1970

Again, it's important to note that that's nothing wrong with buying or selling game issued items. It's when it shows up elsewhere with an LOA saying it's game used when we have a problem.
        Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• kingjammy24
          • Nov 2005

other than seeing whether game-issued items later show up as game-used, i think another benefit to posting items here is to show their source. that is, if a seller says they "acquired it from a player/team source" and it's shown that they really just picked it up from ebay, i think that sort of information is valuable in making purchasing decisions. historic auctions, for example, once offered a david wright batting helmet that they purchased from kim stigall/ball park heroes. there was nothing wrong with the helmet. for some reason, historic felt the need to describe the helmet as "sourced from the Mets". everyone knows that provenance will add to the value of an item. hopefully, in posting items here, the real sources of certain items can be ascertained and it'll help curb all of the "acquired directly from the player/team!" nonsense.

rudy.

Comment

• 34swtns
            • Apr 2006

I've been waiting for this one to re-appear with some new customization, since I sold it on ebay last year. I got $250 for it from a buyer named "bullpen21". Even though I doubled my money on it I regretted selling it to this guy because it became apparent pretty quickly that he's somewhat adept with a sewing machine as he subsequently posted a couple of homemade 1994 Bears TBTC jerseys that he still can't seem to GIVE away.
            The jersey I sold him will be easy to spot, considering the missing Nike "swooshes" from the shoulders.
            Click the pics to enlarge.

Comment

• lund6771
              • Dec 2006

this is a great topic, but would require a ton of MB if it is intended to be used as a database...

unfortunately there are dealers out there, who are mentioned in this thread, that will continue to sell these jerseys...they know full well that they will be thrown into some auction or on ebay as game used...but they are off the hook because of how they list them on e-bay...talk about circumventing the system

it would be nice if sand knit still supplied the NBA...sure there would still be trash out there, but nothing like what happenned in 1992 and since then

Comment

• lund6771
                • Dec 2006

rudy.

nice catch on Kohl...no reason to tip-toe around this one

i'd bet my collection that the Bonds shows up in a future auction

Comment

• DConLA
                  • Mar 2007

HELLO I BOUGHT A KOBE JERSEY ON EBAY FROM THE SAME VENDOR THAT IS POSTED ON POST #13 DIFFERENT AUCTION #.THATS WHY I BOUGHT IT TO SHOW HOW EASY IT IS TO GET ONE ON EBAY.AND THERE ARE A FEW OF THEM OUT THERE.THAT IS WHY I STARTED MY THEAD KOBE JERSEYS.THE JERSEY IS BEING SOLD IN MY EBAY AUCTION FOR WHAT I PAID FOR IT $560 AS A TEAM ISSUED.

DAN
                  323 257- 4898 daniel248@earthlink.net

Comment

• otismalibu
                    • Nov 2005

eBay Auction #280143838890
                    Unused Dr. J. game shoes purchased by white-apple.
                    But...they look like 2 left shoes to me

Greg
                    DrJStuff.com

Comment

• lund6771
                      • Dec 2006

i heard that white-apple is Alan Mesa's ebay name...

Comment

• Eric
                        • Jan 1970

Nice vintage Julius Erving sand knit jersey.

I thought Pearson and Wilson were manufacturers of Sixers pieces-
                        Did Sand Knit ever make the Sixers jerseys? It does have an exclusive tag.

purchased by ebay user ig814 for $449.99

Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• otismalibu
                          • Nov 2005

I thought Pearson and Wilson were manufacturers of Sixers pieces-
                          Did Sand Knit ever make the Sixers jerseys? It does have an exclusive tag.
                          The 76ers switched to Sand-Knit for the 1986-87 season - Erving's last. From 1976-77 thru 1985-86, Erving wore Wilson Sixers jerseys.

I'm guessing someone got their hands on a blank Sixers team jersey and customized it. The size is too big for an Erving gamer and they put the wrong style numbers on it

I posted it on another thread...that guy had a number of Sand-Knit hoops jerseys. Some looked to be team issued and some were the retail authentics.
                          Greg
                          DrJStuff.com

Comment

• bigjimsguitars
                            • Sep 2007

Once again, I'm really glad that I stumbled upon this place as I in just a few weeks have learned mucho information and this thread is just another tool to work from when buying.

As I've stated before, I collected GU items back in the late 80's and through the mid 90's and was able to source my stuff directly the Dodgers, Angels and a few other sources.

I recently got back into it that last couple of years as I've been going to about 30 to 40 games a year and have rekindled the flame and have again found some sources to get the goods.

Nevertheless, I have dipped into the ebay pool and each and every thing I have acquired via that media has been kosher/jake... but that's only because I only am collecting LA Dodgers Items and have a good basis of what is what with them.

However, if I ever decide to step outside of that realm, I know that the knowledge I have gleaned here will save me from giving my $$$ away on fakes and misrepresented goods.

The Wash Tag "Fake" Code is definitely a great tool to be armed with.

However, on the down side, the scammers do read this stuff and will adjust their tools of the trade.

Just an idea:

What about a service that one could send the ebay, or another auction or direct listing for online vetting that would say it is probably correct or not and charge a nominal fee for the service....
                            Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys

Comment

• warheel
                              • Nov 2006

This one I got before it got to be team issued. I got it at the Russell factory outlet the summer of 1984.
                              It is consistent in every way with a Dolphins game jersey of that era. I am almost 100% positive that Russell's retail jerseys were not this length, and the tagging is consistent with other Dolphin jerseys I have seen (i.e. a letter size and not an number size). Marino did not wear jerseys with stretch side panels during 1984. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
                              I still remember the day I bought this. They had a whole rack of Dolphin jerseys and some 49er jerseys too.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• DConLA
                                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by DConLA
                                HELLO I BOUGHT A KOBE JERSEY ON EBAY FROM THE SAME VENDOR THAT IS POSTED ON POST #13 DIFFERENT AUCTION #.THATS WHY I BOUGHT IT TO SHOW HOW EASY IT IS TO GET ONE ON EBAY.AND THERE ARE A FEW OF THEM OUT THERE.THAT IS WHY I STARTED MY THEAD KOBE JERSEYS.THE JERSEY IS BEING SOLD IN MY EBAY AUCTION FOR WHAT I PAID FOR IT $560 AS A TEAM ISSUED.

DAN
                                323 257- 4898 daniel248@earthlink.net
                                I SOLD THE JERSEY TO ANOTHER DEALER IN CHICAGO AT A LOSS OF ABOUT $60.00

Comment

Working...