Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Vintage Game Bats For Sale

Here's a little something to round out the All-Star break -- after more than twenty years of collecting, I am selling a large portion of my game used bat collection. I'll be doing it in phases, and I'm starting with about 100 bats that are almost all stars, superstars, Hall of Famers, and near Hall of Famers. Almost all are pre-1980 H&B models, many are pre-war. To give you an idea of the variety, the names include Tommie Aaron, Ken Boyer, Reggie Jackson, Phil Niekro, Wade Boggs, Tony Oliva, Ted Williams, Lou Piniella, Tris Speaker, Rogers Hornsby and about 90 more. There are possible one-of-a-kind rookie bats of Joe Torre, Maury Wills, Curt Flood, Steve Garvey and Ted Simmons. There are All-Star game bats, lathe bats, and unique bats of people Like Lefty Gomez, Jesse Haines, and Bill Dickey. Also for sale is what may be the only rookie bat combo of Alan Trammell and Lou Whitaker that's ever been offered as a combo.
    I also have a list of interesting old store and presentation bats if you'd like to see that. Names include John McGraw, Hank Aaron All-Star commemorative bat, J.J. Fournier decal bat, and more. Please send an email to the address below, and I'l be glad to send you a list. I'll be sending out the first lists at the end of the week.

Greg
    eraser1980@aol.com

Re: Vintage Game Bats For Sale

Thanks to everyone for the overwhelming response, I think lists have been sent out to almost everyone who has requested them. If I missed you somehow and you haven't received the lists by tomorrow (Saturday), please email me or leave a message here. And if anyone has a HOF game used bat they're looking for that's not on the list, just let me know.

Greg
    eraser1980@aol.com

Thanks to all who have purchased bats and shared their interesting stories of collecting vintage game used bats. Thanks also to all those who have had the courtesy of replying after I've sent out photos. There are still bats left, so please let me know if there's anything you're interested in or if you still need a list. I now have a few more bats for sale, including a beautiful Charlie Gehringer coaches bat from the 50s (there are almost no Gehringer bats out there!), and a large collection of Willie Mays store bats and All Star bats that I am selling as a group complete with their own vintage store bat rack.
    I will also be making a separate post this weekend about my just completed list of memorabilia for sale.
    Thanks again everyone --

Greg

In response to a number of inquiries, here's what's gone from my list of bats for sale:
    Max Carey, Tris Speaker, Al Oliver bic., Steve Garvey bic., all Tony Oivas, all Jim Kaats, all Pinsons, Dave Concepcion, Dale Murphy, all Joe Gordons, Lefty Gomez, Earle Combs, Wade Boggs, Tommie Aaron, Marty Marion, Johnny Bench A-S, Kirby Puckett.
    Thanks to all who have requested lists, and let me know if I can hep in any way.
    If you'd like a copy of my list of game bats and/or store bats, please email me at:

eraser1980@aol.com

Greg

Please emial me details of the Mays collection and a list of store model bats. mstrader@cox.net.
    Thank you,
    Michael

Hi Michael,

A list will be on its way -- the Mays collection includes more than a dozen bats, some Adirondacks that look like gamers but aren't Mays' model number, some WS/All Star bats with plaques and things like that. I'd like to consider selling them as a group, but that's not definite.

Greg