Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Authentication services

Recently, I acquired a Kurt Warner 2001 Rams game worn jersey from ebay. It doesn't have a team letter or anything like that but I followed up on the story and it seems legit. I would like to send it to a third party for authentication and was wondering how I go about this. I checked into MEARS and it looks like they won't give me a concrete ruling without a team letter or some other LOA. Am I correct in this assumption? Also, does anyone know where else I could send the jersey to? Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Authentication services

Quote Originally Posted by jman1975 View Post
    Recently, I acquired a Kurt Warner 2001 Rams game worn jersey from ebay. It doesn't have a team letter or anything like that but I followed up on the story and it seems legit. I would like to send it to a third party for authentication and was wondering how I go about this. I checked into MEARS and it looks like they won't give me a concrete ruling without a team letter or some other LOA. Am I correct in this assumption? Also, does anyone know where else I could send the jersey to? Thanks in advance for your help!
    For this particular jersey, I would recommend Jim Yackel. Jim recently started his own authentication service. His specialty is NFL jerseys, has been part of the hobby for many years, and is as honest and trustworthy as they come. Furthermore, I don't know anyone who has handled more Rams jerseys from this era.

Re: Authentication services

Thanks for the tip!