Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

J.J. Redick jersey from MeiGray/NBA

Dear GUU members,

Please see eBay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170190719414

What are your thoughts? See the questions and comments posted by the seller at the bottom of the eBay auction. This exact same jersey is also on auction at NBA Auctions.

http://auctions.nba.com/cgi-bin/ncom...aunbr=91350461

I have sent Barry Meisel an email to get clarification. Great jersey - just can't figure out how it can be on auction at both places. I understand that only one was game worn by each player. Also, the photos on the eBay auction are identical to the NBA Auctions photos.
    Thanks.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Re: J.J. Redick jersey from MeiGray/NBA

Yea I was one of the guys asking a question on that jersey because it doesn't seem right that there were two game worns of that jersey and he's using Meigray's pics. Weird.

Thanks - there are some new comments added to the auction. I'm not sure what to make of this. Why bid on this at $700 here if it is available at a starting bid of $500 at NBA Auctions? Very unusual situation.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

His answers are very vague, give no true answers, are defensive and he even used the EXACT same description from the NBA.com website. Where it starts "The NBA and MeiGray Group Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program is proud to offer fans and collectors across the globe the opportunity to own a piece of history" , he simply removes the name and puts "I am" so that it reads " I am proud to offer fans and collectors across the globe the opportunity to own a piece of history". Nice catch guys. VERY weird to say the least.
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Upon further investigation, it looks like he copied and pasted the NBA.com description, removed the MeiGray reference at the beginning and replaced it with "I" but failed to notice the refernce again to MeiGray at the very end and is now forced to pretend he got it from them.
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

A couple years ago I found a one of a kind item being sold on ebay as well as grey flannel at the exact same time with the exact same pics just at a higher price on ebay. Seemed the ebay seller in that situation was trying to "flip" the item wtihout buying it first. Thats one way to eliminate the risk.

I am NOT saying that is what this seller is trying to do but I certainly wouldn't bid on it unless he could post a pic of the item with his ebay id on it or some pics that are not available on nba.com to prove he has it in hand. Just my 2 cents.

Hi everybody,

Sorry for the late response, just returned from the Super Bowl and a championship season from my NY Giants!!!

Obviously that jersey auction is fraudulent. The Redick jersey is currently being auctioned by MeiGray, and is hanging in our office.

Regards,

Barry

I just sent this "question" to the ebay member who posted the jersey for auction ...

To Whom it may concern:

Since the jersey you are posting for auction is hanging in my office, where the NBA and MeiGray Authentication Program is auctioning it at nba.com auctions, please remove your ebay listing or I will be forced to report your fraudulent auction to local law enforcement, as well as ebay.

Barry Meisel, MeiGray

Nice snag! Never a good sign for the seller when somebody named fraudfinder takes the winning bid.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Thanks to both Barry and Fraudfinder - two gentlemen and true assets to the hobby.