Page 65 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Banned

Smile Re: Detroit Tigers GU

Quote Originally Posted by Dach0sen0ne View Post
    Dave, that's from this year 2013.
    Thanks loads!

Dave M.

Re: Detroit Tigers GU

In an attempt to lift the spirits of disappointed Tigers fans, I present you with matching 1988 Set 1 batting practice jerseys of Alan Trammell, Lou Whitaker, and Sparky Anderson.

Austin Jackson jersey from Game 6 of the 2011 ALCS.
    (Jackson's 1st career post season Home Run game)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've seen way too much ajack in October over the past few years and not enough Yankees!!! Sweet jersey though! Austin Jackson is beloved by the bleacher creatures, we have a special roll call just for him! Clap clap clap clap clap

Picked up a few Torii Hunter items recently. He's an easy guy to collect because he is so fan friendly.

- "Fiesta Tigres" 8/3/2013 Jersey. Torii hit career homerun #309 in this game.

- 2013 ALCS broken bat. Broken in game 2, which now is remembered as the game Torii flipped over the wall in right field at Fenway. Great usage and grass still stuck in the tar.

- 2013 All Star Game Helmet

I was able to pick up Jose Valverde's Memorial Day jersey in which he earned a save....got it on MLB auctions at less than 20% of what Marc was asking when the original list was sent out in May.
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Picked up a Dick McAuliffe 1971 set 1 game used road jersey a few years ago. It's the jewel of my collection. McAuliffe and Bill Freehan were my favorite players growing up. I found a couple pictures of Dick in a 71 road jersey (below), but it's very difficult to photo match. There is a replaced button second from the top, so if anyone out there has a front shot without his arms in the way, please let me know.

I just recently added this 1993, Set 1, Lou Whitaker game worn Russell jersey to my collection.

This jersey is an excellent compliment to my 1993, Set 2, jersey. What makes this pair even better, is that I have now been able to photo match the Set 2 jersey based upon the differences in where the name/number are affixed.

Great jerseys. For informations sake, just wondering why the lettering is a little different size wise/placement?

Quote Originally Posted by ccmunner View Post
    Great jerseys. For informations sake, just wondering why the lettering is a little different size wise/placement?
    I can't explain why they are that way, but I have found another example that illustrates the same oddity. If you look at the Tracewski 93 set 1 jersey, the name/number placement is similar to the Whitaker 93 set 1 jersey. Again if you look at the Tracewski 93 set 2 jersey, the name/number placement is lower than the set 1 jersey, which is similar to the Whitaker 93 set 2 jersey. The commonality between the two examples seems to be the "Intera" fabric and being Set 2's.

Before making the claim that all 1993 Set 2 "Intera" jerseys jerseys have a lower name/number placement, there are 2 other points to consider.

1. I owned Larry Herndon's 1993 Set 2 jersey that was also an "Intera" fabric jersey, and the name/number placement was similar to the Set 1 Tracewski & Whitaker jerseys.

2. I own Alan Trammell's 1993 Set 2 jersey which is NOT an "Intera" jersey and has the strip tag similar to the Set 1 Tracewski & Whitaker jerseys.

So I have found other examples of the oddity, but I still do not believe I can explain why.