Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Thoughts on BP Bats

It is not a BP bat.

Smile Re: Thoughts on BP Bats

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    just curious if you noticed the "tan lines" on one of your arod bats (indicating it was once taped up as a bp bat)?

rudy.
    Rudy, I do appreciate your keen eye, as you have proven over and over the level of your knowledge. However, sometimes things may not be as they look. The two arod bats are Game Used and not Batting Practice bats. As always, good eye however.

Arod: Caption: 26 Jul 1998: Infielder Alex Rodriguez #3 of the Seattle Mariners in action during a game against the Baltimore Orioles at the Camden Yards in Baltimore, Maryland. The Mariners defeated the Orioles 10-4. Mandatory Credit: Doug Pensinger /Allsport

Wright: Caption: ATLANTA - JULY 2006: David Wright #5 of the New York Mets in the on-deck circle at Turner Field during a season game against the Atlanta Braves on July 29, 2006 in Atlanta, Georgia. The Mets defeated the Braves 11-3. (Photo by John Capella/Sports Imagery/Getty Images)

Griffey: Caption: CINCINNATI - SEPTEMBER 25: Ken Griffey Jr. #3 of the Cincinnati Reds looks on as he stand on the on deck circle during the game against the Chicago Cubs at Great American Ball Park on September 25, 2006 in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Reds won 5-4. (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)

Matsui: Caption: NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 13: Hideki Matsui #55 of the New York Yankees waits on deck against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays on September 13, 2006 at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx borough of New York City. The Yankees defeated the Devil Rays 8-4. (Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)

Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    The two arod bats are Game Used and not Batting Practice bats.
    Rudy, I forgot to add that prior to Arod adding the "1998 Game Used" inscription, he did state (confirm) that these bats were not batting practice bats.

All my best, Tony

I did pick up a Alfonso Soriano BP bat from Kim at Ball Parkl Heroes.Got the bat real fast also.Geoff

Have you ever been able to locate a photo of Arod using a blonde Louisville in a game? The only photos I have ever seen are of him using them in BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rboitano View Post
    Have you ever been able to locate a photo of Arod using a blonde Louisville in a game? The only photos I have ever seen are of him using them in BP.
    Here's Arod using a blonde LVS vs the Reds on 8-21-06
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I don't see a Louisville label at all.

I dont see any kind of logo on that bat. I do see that he is wearing Posada's wrist bands with 20 stiched on them.

I have searched for photos of Arod swinging a natural color Louisville in game from the beginning of his career on and have yet to find one. But every bat he has sold through the years he has always signed as game used, even the natural Louisvilles and natural and black Rawlings. I have seen numerous photos of him using those bats in BP. If I was looking for an Arod bat I would stay with a black Louisville or a Old Hickory which he used quite frequently in 2003 and 2004. He did use quite a few Bonds colored two toned Sam bats the past year, but he also well known to use teammates bats. Jt Sports just got an awesome Jeter labeled bat that was used by Arod this past year.

while i know most realize this, i'll mention that it's really difficult to say with any certainty that a player didn't use a certain bat based solely on a lack of photos of them using that sort of bat. although i too have only seen arod using blonde lvs' in bp, i know he could easily have used a few during games.

i have a 1992 roberto alomar zett gamer. it was purchased directly from the jays back in 1992, shows decent use, has r.a. engraved in the knob, along with "12" and "alomar" in marker on the knob. unfortunately, i'll likely never find a picture of alomar using a zett. this doesn't take away from the overwhelming likelihood that he used the zett. similarly, juan iglesias has said that canseco used a few zett bats. although i've never seen a single photo of canseco using a zett, i have no doubt that juan is telling the truth.

however, i'd agree that anyone purchasing a bat would be served to seek out a typical or well-known example.

rudy.