Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jose Fernandez horrible news

I am sure everyone heard the shocking and horrible and news by now.
    I would like to request that out of respect and so this forum does not look horrible, no one post want to buy or want to sell messages of his items until October
    Such a big loss for baseball and his family .

Re: Jose Fernandez horrible news

Ken... I totally agree with you. We should be mourning the death of Jose & not be profiting on his death. Prayers to the family of Jose & to the Miami Marlins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Call Ken

I agree with you Ken. People selling his stuff on eBay and other places should be ashamed. Trying to capitalize on a tragedy like this would show a complete lack of respect for Jose and his family.

Banned

Unhappy Re: Jose Fernandez horrible news

I agree that such capitalization on his death is tasteless and wrong. Unfortunately, such despicable antics are not new to this hobby. Veteran autograph collectors well remember the "DiMaggio Death Watch", and that wasn't even a result of Joe D's passing...just an illness that many thought would end his life. I second Ken's suggestion.

Dave Miedema

Classy Move Guys

Its a joke the people who listed his stuff on eBay today to make a quick dollar off his death. $3,000 for a game used baseball from his rookie year or $7,500 for his bat and jersey.. That is disgusting.

Also i notice the marlins have his final game used jersey up for sale(has been up since the 22nd).. I hope they end it and give it to his family or display it at the stadium.

I saw the news and actually wondered if I should dump all my Fernandez stuff. Not from a profiteering viewpoint, but moreso to avoid having a bunch of items that will be essentially worthless in a year. And, yes, I do believe it's tragic that he passed away and at such a young age.

His last jersey he wore for a win when he pitched against the Nationals on 9/20/16 is currently on MLB auctions and should be ended. The jersey should go to his family. Just loved his intensity when he pitched, he was fun to watch. RIP Jose!

http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auct...e3=livebid&&qt[0].type=openbrac&qt[1].type=openbrac&qt[2].type=fieldmatch&qt[2].name=panname_partnername_s&qt[2].value1=mlb&qt[3].type=operor&qt[4].type=fieldmatch&qt[4].name=panname_partnername_s&qt[4].value1=team&qt[5].type=closebrac&qt[6].type=operand&qt[7].type=fieldmatch&qt[7].name=panname_teamname_s&qt[7].value1=marlins&qt[8].type=closebrac

I just received an email from MLB Auctions about Jose Fernandez's jersey:

Hello,

This email is in regards to your bid on MLB Auctions Listing # 1356353 - Jose Fernandez Jersey - Vs. Nationals 9/20 - 12 Strikeouts - 16th Win of Season. Due to the recent tragic events surrounding Jose Fernandez, we will be removing this item from the auction and the Marlins will be giving the jersey to the Fernandez family. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

Gregory Novick
    E-Commerce Manager, Authentics & Hard Goods
    MLB Advanced Media, L.P.