Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: "Disgruntled collector to sell Bonds memorabilia"

Quote Originally Posted by stkmtimo View Post
    Jeff,
    Thanks for letting me know. I was too harsh on you in the beginning of this thread because I wasn't 100% sure of the circumstances. I understand now. It's awesome how you really get to know the guys and I think you picked a great player in Webb.
    Hello Tim,

I think you deserve to be commended for admitting you may have been a bit too harsh in your initial posts. I think it shows great character to recognize and acknowledge you may have been a bit quick in your judgement and I respect you for it. Said another way, I think it is really great to see when someone "does the right thing".

Just my two cents.

Sincerely,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Hello Tim,

I think you deserve to be commended for admitting you may have been a bit too harsh in your initial posts. I think it shows great character to recognize and acknowledge you may have been a bit quick in your judgement and I respect you for it. Said another way, I think it is really great to see when someone "does the right thing".

Just my two cents.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Chris,
    I really appreciate that, thank you. I quickly read over the story in the beginning but frequently came back to this thread and saw what the story was really about and now I can't blame Jeff at all for anything he did. I do understand how bad the media can be at times about getting the actual story out. The story made Jeff seem like something he most definitely is not. After learning the facts, it was only fair to admit I was wrong.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/1991-92-BARRY-BO...QQcmdZViewItem

I guess he not that disguntled.

-David
    This ended at little over $1,500. Is this what a nice Bonds gamer usually goes for now? If Bonds plays next year and does break the record, his stuff has gotta go back up.
    Webb17.....Any idea what Barry is going to do with all his stuff he keeps of his. Does he trade stuff out with other player's? Is he a collector or do you just see him selling it off to make easy $$$ when he retires?

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    This ended at little over $1,500. Is this what a nice Bonds gamer usually goes for now? If Bonds plays next year and does break the record, his stuff has gotta go back up.
    Indy,

This was my thinking. I have a Bonds rookie era signed gamer that I wouldn't mind holding on to for just this reason.

Jeff, did you think about holding on to your collection a bit longer to see if Barry breaks Hammerin' Hank's record? Were you happy with the Lelands results?

And Howard, didn't you quit your job to follow Rick Wise around for a while?

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Jeff,

I would also appreciate your comments on Bonds items. What was your favorite Bonds piece? Can you share some of your knowledge on Bonds game used items? I'm sure you've had some interesting pieces.

Thanks,
    John

1995 road jersey with blood on the front last game of the season bottom of the 6th inng he cut his chin. #7 rookie jersey one of a kind and 1987 away jersey. first ever rookie glove with upi phto match

call for authentitcy issues
    602-628-1418
    www.fanfairinc.com

there will always have value in his game used items, just like pete rose
    i dont think he will break the record. in my opinion, i think he will be suspended.....

Barry needs 26 homers to break the record and might get another couple this year yet. I think that he will do whatever it takes to come back and break that record whether it be to piss everyone off or for personal reasons. I just don't agree with all the analyst that say he won't break it. He is just too close for him not to try and some team will sign him just for the publicity both positive and negative that this will generate as he inches closer to Aaron. I don't think that anything that MLB uncovers on Bonds will give them legal justification to suspend him and with Donald Fehr and the MLB players association behind him any suspension will be challenged and most likely overturned.

Brett
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Quote Originally Posted by webb17 View Post
    there will always have value in his game used items, just like pete rose
    i dont think he will break the record. in my opinion, i think he will be suspended.....

Interesting comparision. The big difference between Bonds and Rose is that Rose was not juiced when he played and all of his problems are due to his off field activities. It would be interesting to see what happens to the Bonds market should like Jeff indicates Barry be suspended.

-David