Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Please post pics of your Tin Martinez bats....

Dave-
    Found 2 Central Leagues in the minors-one affiliated that played until 1951,and the other an unaffiliated league that played 2002-2005.

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

Dave-
    Here's a pic of a current game ball from the independent Atlantic League just as a comparison:

Could very possibly be a minor league ball ink transfer.

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey Joe! Thanks for your help!

I will email JT Sports and see what he says about the bat and the writing on the knob.

Another GUU member told me he never saw a Tino gamer with writing on the knob like mine.

Thanks a lot!
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

No problem Dave...again,it's pretty funny how a blatant ink transfer like that gets by the so-called professionals.Good luck,and give us an update when you can.

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 2000mvpfan View Post
    No problem Dave...again,it's pretty funny how a blatant ink transfer like that gets by the so-called professionals.Good luck,and give us an update when you can.

Joe
    It's great to see "another" GUU witch hunt, I think before anyone calls John Taube a "so-called professional" it would be a good idea to contact John whom by the way is one of the best in the buisness and ask him about the bat before you speculate or insinuate. The beat goes on.....unfortunately.

George

Quote Originally Posted by JETEFAN View Post
    It's great to see "another" GUU witch hunt, I think before anyone calls John Taube a "so-called professional" it would be a good idea to contact John whom by the way is one of the best in the buisness and ask him about the bat before you speculate or insinuate. The beat goes on.....unfortunately.

George
    Hi George,

I think Joe is just trying to look out for a fellow member.

I did not say anything bad about JT. I have heard lots of good about him. We are all human and subject to make an error here or there.

I was contacted by another member (other than Joe) who saw my Tino and questioned the knob writing.

I will contact him now. I have been pretty busy with other things or I would have done so already.

Thank you!
    Thank you,
    David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Davd,

I understand your concerns and you have every right to ask and seek advise if your are uncomfortable with something. My comments were directed to the quick to judge comments of others, it seems to be a more and more frequent event here on the forum as of late and it's unfortunate, no one seems contacts the sellers before they bad mouth. I did speak to John and he was not aware of the situation as no one had contacted him, unable to respond himself at this time (out of office) he asked me to do so on his behalf. John said he was very sorry for any harm this situation had caused and for the buyer of this bat to please call his office and he will correct the situation right away. I have known John for many years and he is a true professional and a great person .No worries....

George

George-
    I have never joined any of the mudslinging on this forum and will not now.I did not insinuate anything about Mr.Taube...However,the question remains-how could a ball stamping like that be missed-It took me all of 2 seconds looking at it to realize that it was not from a Major League Baseball,and yet the bat was sold as a Tino Martinez gamer.I didn't even comment on the incorrect 24,as it simply could've been labelled by a bat boy,clubhouse attendant,etc.All I'm saying is that if someone is a noted professional,well,even they are not infallible.I never even said he wouldn't do the right thing by Dave-it just goes without saying to always do your homework because NOBODY-I don't care who it is-is correct 100% of the time.
    And by the way,all I was trying to do was help Dave figure out what he's got there.

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi guys,

I sent Mr Taube an email this morning. I am in no great hurry to get it resolved.

I am hoping the bat is good. I just wanted some re-assurance that the bat is good. To be able to view other bat writing samples. Maybe it was written by a Equipment Mgr. As far as the ball mark I am not sure?

I will try and take a close up pic of the mark and see what all of you and Mr. Taube think.

If not then I am sure JT will make it good. As George says he is a Professional and is well known in the game used bat collecting community.

George, thanks for talking to Mr. Taube about my bat.

Joe, thanks for all your help with the minor league fact checking and concern.

I am sure Joe does not mean any harm towards Mr. Taube.
    Thank you,
    David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Hi Everyone,

Here is the pics of the ball mark.....

Any ideas?

Is it possible to be that a non OMLB got into a batch of BP balls?

Name:  tinombat4.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  105.8 KB
    Thank you,
    David

dzscope at gmail dot com