Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Question about Lincecum All-Star Bat

Quick question I'm hoping someone can help out with. I was recently given what seems to be a pretty cool Tim Lincecum bat from 2008 All-Star Game. I do have a question about it though.

The bat is clearly not for game use. Underlined 125 and whatnot. My question is where does it come from? Are commemorative bats issued to players (and if so how many?), or can any yokel go to the Fanfest and have their own player bat made? Seems like different typeface than I've seem for the customizable bats, but I really don't know. Any information someone might have would be very appreciated.

As an aside, I am desperate for an uncracked Lincecum game used (or game issued) bat. Willing to pay market value for it, should someone want to sell one. Thanks.

Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Question about Lincecum All-Star Bat

Still seeking answers as to the origin of this bat. If anyone has any information, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ben

This is my opinion, but Ive seen bats like this before & I think they are sovie/retail bats made up for events like world series & all-star games to be sold in retail shops & such.
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdale View Post
    This is my opinion, but Ive seen bats like this before & I think they are sovie/retail bats made up for events like world series & all-star games to be sold in retail shops & such.
    I think Dale is exactly right.

Banned

Well by going by what BMH said they stopped making these bats for the players a few years back.

I was at the All Star fan fest and BMH.Louisville Slugger was there and I believe you were able to buy bats and have them engraved for yourself.

So either one of these 2 things most likely happened in my opinion.

1) This was a blank All Star Commerative bat and someone most likely had it engraved with Lincecums name on it.

or

2) These were pre made for retail sale most likely at the all star fanfest or at some point/place during the all star game.

But of course BMH would be able to give you the best answer.

That makes sense. Thanks very much for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

Ben