Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ken Griffey jr helmet

The original poster in this thread is not the ebay seller... so sorry for jumping to a conclusion about that. I just feel bad that something was let out of a private collection back into the hobby and is now on ebay already. That's really it. I'll be done with this.

Banned

I was looking to purchase this item, but had my doubts since most of hte getty images from that year show his helmets being pretty clean and shiny, this thing is super dulled and beatin to death? doesnt seem to fit, even pics from sept the helmet seems in pretty descent shape, not what these pics resemble!!! And no im not the owner!!!

Quote Originally Posted by djnos7 View Post
    I was looking to purchase this item, but had my doubts since most of hte getty images from that year show his helmets being pretty clean and shiny, this thing is super dulled and beatin to death? doesnt seem to fit, even pics from sept the helmet seems in pretty descent shape, not what these pics resemble!!! And no im not the owner!!!
    Got ya. Sorry again for posting like you may be and getting a little too excited. Helmets are just so tough to authenticate in my opinion. Got to at least have some sort of team stamp or something if they're from that far back and have no provenance.

Banned

So what year is your helmet from, and it wasnt all beat up like this one i assume? Im not sure, but if this is from 96' i would think from the use it displays it would have been used all year, and from getty pics in sept, the helmet he wore had scuffs but not to this extreme!!!