Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: NFL AUCTIONS - Game Used

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    First off, I'm not judging this one buyer in any way. I think it's awesome that someone has this kind of coin to drop on a few jerseys. I just have never heard of the two guys who have "??" next to their names. But this is an awesome amount of money on one auction!!!!!!

Taylor$2,790.00 Henne$5,030.00 White$1,521.00 Brown$3,853.00 Smith??$2,345.00 Wake??$2,050.00 Ginn$1,530.00 Davis$2,050.00 $21,169.00

WOW, those are some hefty prices there ! That even makes JO Sports look cheap ! 5K for Henne ? Unreal !!!!!!!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    I have another good one for you on NFL Auctions. The Jets ran a Superbowl trip on NFL Auctions, and one of my friends won the auction. It was a Dutch Auction, and it went for $6550. The Jets rep just called him at work, said the other guy who won the auction never paid. He asked if he wanted the trip for 4? If not, he had to reauction the Super Bowl trip for 2. It seems like bidding and not paying is becoming more commonplace these days on the site, which is unfortunate. But I guess this is a microcosm of our country...
    They should handle it like a regular auction house does. You bid you pay or they take legal auction that will stop this nonsense. Now there are no consequences to not paying. I mean these are luxury items if you don't have the money don't bid. I wonder how many of these jerseys get bid up by people who would not pay for them if they won and without these people how much this stuff would really go for.

Quote Originally Posted by TDKID View Post
    WOW, those are some hefty prices there ! That even makes JO Sports look cheap ! 5K for Henne ? Unreal !!!!!!!!!!
    That is the game where Rex Ryan said, "we made that quarterback look like Dan Marino"

Some Bears pink C patched jerseys are up. Including Kreutz. Never see his jerseys come up for sale. I don't think any have made it to JO site. Although someone may have pre ordered his stuff and gets it before it could be put on the site.
    http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=113295014

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    Some Bears pink C patched jerseys are up. Including Kreutz. Never see his jerseys come up for sale. I don't think any have made it to JO site. Although someone may have pre ordered his stuff and gets it before it could be put on the site.
    http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=113295014
    JO only gets certain players from the teams they have deals with so they may never have gotten any of Kreutz. I see a Cutler on there that is almost a grand already so we will see if the 3 grand JO once charged that everyone got all upset about on here is that outlandish. Cutler had an amazing end to his year so it will be interesting to see what he does next year.

Anyone ever consider the NFL players going on the auction and bidding up their own item? Sounds stupid? I know! They might get ragged by other players if their jersey goes too cheap. If this was somehow true you'd think they would just pay for it... but then again they get them cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I see a Cutler on there that is almost a grand already so we will see if the 3 grand JO once charged that everyone got all upset about on here is that outlandish.

NFL Auctions.....where all the geniuses shop.

I wouldn't be surprised if that Cutler hit 5 grand.

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    NFL Auctions.....where all the geniuses shop.

I wouldn't be surprised if that Cutler hit 5 grand.
    That's only $192.31 per interception...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LA_1968 View Post
    Anyone ever consider the NFL players going on the auction and bidding up their own item? Sounds stupid? I know! They might get ragged by other players if their jersey goes too cheap. If this was somehow true you'd think they would just pay for it... but then again they get them cheaper.
    I don't think the players really care what their jerseys go for. What it is if you look at it is many times you get someone who bought a different jersey of the same player on there in a prior auction bidding again to get the jersey to sell for more. Without some of these guys doing this jerseys would sell for much less in many cases. Many of them are members of this forum who do this frequently. The risk of course is noone outbids you but rarely does a jersey not seem to attract bids at the end. A very small group of people actually win jerseys on there, when you are talking about above average to star players so it is often them just bidding against each other for the same jerseys and often driving up the price on each other.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_1968 View Post
    I have mentioned NFL auctions to about 5 players and none of them have ever heard of it. They could care less about what there stuff sells for. But I wouldnt be surprised if a couple players were on there buying stuff.