Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Paypal Frustration ! Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by jtorrez View Post
    It is not the responsibility of the buyer to buy insurance or tracking, it is the responsibility of the seller to make sure that the package arrives. If you felt that way you should have refused to sell & ship it unless the buyer purchased insurance and tracking.
    This is true. This is the stance of PayPal and eBay.

It is not the responsibility of the buyer to buy insurance or tracking, it is the responsibility of the seller to make sure that the package arrives.
    Yep. It sucks when stuff gets lost, broken, stolen, etc. But it's up to the seller to insure.

I too have been stung by Ebay and Paypal. I didn't provide a tracking number, the seller says they didn't get their stuff, and they kept the item AND got their money back.

The really terrible thing is that I had an e-mail from the buyer telling me they had received the product and didn't understand why this issue was happening. I sent that to both Ebay and Paypal and they said that they cannot accept E-mails as proof of delivery. Obviously my buyer was a liar and a crook....but they won... Fortunately, the purchase wasn't a lot of money. I learned my lesson that no matter what...I have a tracking number. Increase your shipping costs and that will cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    .....They DO NOT confirm delivery. They confirm that the package was sent and when the package crossed the border and reached customs...
    If you ship it Priority International (label printed online w/ delivery confirmation included) it will show that the item is delivered. It will not list the international address or postal code, but you can cross reference that information with a copy of the original shipping label.

When you print online for international Priority, you end up printing 4 forms. 3 need to be signed and sent with the package for customs and the 4th is the senders copy. If you have this form (w/ custom's number) and you can verify on USPS.com that it says the package was delivered, you are all good. That is proof of delivery and is enough for PayPal.

Banned

Hey guys, check these sites out ! a lot of people hate PayPal. Me(Jack btw) included.

http://www.PayPalSucks.ORG/

http://www.paypalsucks.com/forums/sh...id=15&tid=3602

I appreciate all the responses, all have been insightful/helpful. In the end this has been an eye opening experience for how the ebay system works. I have been selling on ebay for years now and have had a few trials and tribulations but this is the first of this nature for me. Hands down discourages me from dealing over seas anymore. The buyers complain about paying the higher shipping and/or insurance but in the end the seller is left holding the empty bag in some cases, not saying the buyer should absorb the loss in all cases but I did exactly what I was required to do. I sold the item, shipped it immediatley - post office screwed it up - plain and simple. How do I know the buyer does not have the items? He only filed the claim after I had left positive feedback. To his credit he does have 100% positive feedback.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    If you ship it Priority International (label printed online w/ delivery confirmation included) it will show that the item is delivered. It will not list the international address or postal code, but you can cross reference that information with a copy of the original shipping label.

When you print online for international Priority, you end up printing 4 forms. 3 need to be signed and sent with the package for customs and the 4th is the senders copy. If you have this form (w/ custom's number) and you can verify on USPS.com that it says the package was delivered, you are all good. That is proof of delivery and is enough for PayPal.
    Have you ever had a buyer dispute and satisfied a PayPal claim with a customs number? I just spoke with PayPal and USPS. A Priority International package is not trackable. A customs number is not a tracking number. PayPal must have a tracking number to verify delivery. EXPRESS mail and REGISTERED MAIL are USPS's only services that give a tracking number. A customs number proves that the package made it to the country of destination, but PayPal does not recognize it as being delivered. You are fortunate that you have not done business with a dishonest buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Have you ever had a buyer dispute and satisfied a PayPal claim with a customs number?
    Yes.

I live in Canada, I don't think that Russia has this type of system, but if you enter a USPS tracking number into the Canada Post system on their site after it has crossed the border into Canada, then it will give all of the detailed package transit info up until delivery.

I've spent some time in Russia. I wouldn't ship anything of any value to Russia ever. The odds of it getting to the Russian person aren't good. Some people in the Russian post office will literally just open the box and take it. I'm not saying it happens all the time, but it happens.
    You should see how the police operate the "pay your traffic ticket on the spot" system...