Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: JO/Meigray and their contracts

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    I hope this post isn't taken the wrong way by the people asking all of these questions...

but what does it matter how JO Sports Co./MEIGREY/STEINER etc... obtain their business contracts with other teams? Just know that all parties benefit from the transaction, or else it wouldn't be happening. These companies do a ton of legwork as far as negotiating, networking, building client bases, and closing deals. You will pay a premium fee to get their product because you know that it's 100% legit. I think it's foolish to ask them to divulge their business models to the public. Your time is probably better spent asking Colonel Sanders for his secret recipe.
    Well said

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BarryMeisel View Post
    Dolphins,

I think I can answer why they want us ... and I use this analogy often ...

Anyone can paint his or her own home, probably for less money than a painter will charge. But many people hire painters because they value the expertise a professional painter brings. And some people know if they climb a ladder to paint, they might break an ankle.

As many collectors on this Forum have said numerous times, teams are not experts in the field of game-worn authentication of memorabilia. Some teams are shrewd enough to let experts, who understand the needs and desires of clients like you, who pay good money for these items, do the work in this highly selective marketplace.

Hope this explains,

Barry
    Yeah makes sence. There a billion dollar industry and they bank on the success of business that sell there GUM. So I see where there coming from for makin contracts with these sports memorabilia companies. They are the experts. I like the NFL auction concept though, so I hope they still continue to post up cool phins gear. We'll just have to wait and see what happens with JO and NFL auctions. I'm sure JO will have plenty of jerseys I'm interested in for a good price.

P.S who gets preseason jerseys?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    I hope this post isn't taken the wrong way by the people asking all of these questions...

but what does it matter how JO Sports Co./MEIGREY/STEINER etc... obtain their business contracts with other teams? Just know that all parties benefit from the transaction, or else it wouldn't be happening. These companies do a ton of legwork as far as negotiating, networking, building client bases, and closing deals. You will pay a premium fee to get their product because you know that it's 100% legit. I think it's foolish to ask them to divulge their business models to the public. Your time is probably better spent asking Colonel Sanders for his secret recipe.
    I already obtained sanders secret chicken recipe. I just don't find it good enough to exploit it to other companys. I prefer Pop-eyes. Just like I prefer NFL auctions over Stiener.

J.O could be an easy front runner though, just because I like how they run things over there. And the staff is really cool as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BU54CB View Post
    Why is it an inside thing when a company doesn't share the way they obtain their business? They work hard for that business and aren't going to give away the process and the way they make money to anyone.

I'd venture to say that the NFL does not want to police nor regulate what the teams do with their jerseys as the jerseys/equipment are property of the team. Sure, they auction off jerseys on the NFL site for various causes, but I'm sure its up to the team to give those jerseys to the NFL.
    I'm sure the NFL can over ride much of the stuff. If they say i want the jerseys from the super bowl they are 99.9% chance they are getting them. They might not get them all but they will get the ones they want.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mad87man View Post
    I'm sure the NFL can over ride much of the stuff. If they say i want the jerseys from the super bowl they are 99.9% chance they are getting them. They might not get them all but they will get the ones they want.
    Who gets the pre season jerseys? Can I obtain them? The reason I ask is because I want a Patty Devlin jersey but doubt hel even be in the NFL when the regualr season starts. I'm hopeing he is but you never know. The dolphins only keep 3 QB's and its Henne, Moore, and Devlin or O'connell. I always found pre-season worn jerseys to be a good buy for the price. They don't play in games long and the ones that do are rookies or 3rd stringers who may never get a taste of the NFL, maybe practice squad at best.

as for superbowl jerseys do those even hit the market? I thought players kept there super bowl jerseys to frame in there multi million dollar homes. The only super bowl jersey I've ever seen hit the market was the Marshall Faulk player issued and it was around 10K easily. He never actually wore it in the game vs patriots. Its funny because the market for Marshall Faulks jersey is so low! before he hit the hall of fame I would see his authentic jerseys sell for 30-50$. I think its just the Rams jersey that no one likes because the've been bad for so long just like my Dolphins. But people think the Dolphins jersey is one of the best looking in NFL so the market for phins jerseys is super super high. and they sell out very quickly!

JO sports can you get me a Devlin pre-season worn jersey vs falcons? I will paypal you 300$ right now!

Banned

LOL I am working on a Pat Devlin for you now but it will not be $300!! It could be close though. Guys if you have needs you should email the needs to us so we can start the search for you and build the relationship. Why post a needs list on this thread/forum. Just call or email and we will try to help. Keep the threads on the subject. Although this subject is actually DEAD and Barry spoke for JO as well. Hope to hear from everyone soon.

JO

This thread has long since run its course and wandered far from its original topic so I am going to go ahead and lock it.