Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red Flags!

Re: Red Flags!

Like the '94 Favre Throwback jersey that Eric mentions, the same can apparently be said for the '94 Broncos Thowbacks of Elway--particularly the white "road" variation.

This jersey was worn for for only one game on Sep 26 @ Buffalo. In the late 90s we had purchased, owned and subsequently sold (in good faith) what we believed at that time was the one and only game-worn jersey from this game. We subsequenetly learned, however, that several of these "unique" jerseys exist. AMI of Las Vegas has auctioned at least two if not three different jerseys of this type (all authenticated by Lou Lampson), one in Oct 2004 and a second in Apr of '05 (each was auto'd in a differnt color Sharpie). There was also a 3rd unautographed jersey that was auctioned by AMI in 2002, which they argued may have been one of the same two previously mentioned that had since been signed (granted).
    Not to pick on AMI, Grey Flannel was apparently in on the action as well. Not only did they authenticate the jersey which mentioned above as having owned at one time (LOA #M.N. 949B), but that also authenticated at least two others that we were made aware of as well (LOA #R.V. 342E and Lot #1130, 5/2001)

For additional details, see article "Unique" Elway Jerseys Aboud on our web site at http://endzone.pscoggin.com/gunews.htm
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org

Good info in here, any new one's.......

Peyton Manning jerseys from any year (college or pro) with short sleeves.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by davetiki View Post
    Here is another Pujols bat with a flag.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALBERT-PUJOLS-20...QQcmdZViewItem
    I contacted the seller and here was his reply:

"it's obvious you don't know anything about albert pujols. the bat is from ASI and ASI deals with albert pujols, alex rodriguez. they have been selling game used items for over 5 years. go do some research on someone else and if you don't like the bat don't buy it."

I am so grateful for sites like this so that people can be educated so they can pick out the fakes like this.

davidzirnhelt1@yahoo.com

Here is something interesting the seller is also selling a REAL Albert Pujols Jersey or at least its authenticated by Mears with an A5. Are you sure the bat was fake? Unfortunately ebay has taken down the photos of the bat so we can't see them, but what made you think the bat was a fake?

It was an x-bat with a domincan flag on it. According to Birdbats research, Pujols never used those. They could be ordered by anyone on the internet and many ended up in the hobby as game used.
    Eric

Posters,

Going back a ways and I may be giving up my age....In 1975 McAuliffe Corp. made additional Reggie Jackson A's jerseys to be used as salesman samples and for retailers to display in their stores. Most of these jerseys were either green or gold, but some white jerseys were manufactured and not game used by Reggie. They are very difficult to identify as the tagging is identical. One tipoff is the light or no game use. Most die hard A's collectors in the 80's and 90's stayed away from the '75s for this reason. This information was given to me by Dick Dobbins who I bought a handful of A's jerseys from almost 20 years ago. Frank Fleizach who had one of the largest A's game used jerseys before he auctioned it off on Lelands also advised me of this issue.

I have been tracking the sale/auction of all A's jerseys over the last five years. In that time, nine Reggie knits were auctioned off. Five (5) from 1975 and four (4) from 1974. Of the '74s only one was all original. MEARS agreed with me that one was a fake, and two others were reduced by MEARS when I pointed out significant alterations. Of the 1975s I own one which is all-original, one was pulled from the last SCP auction immediately after I pointed out significant alterations. The other 3 from 1975 appear to be all original, but again quite a few jerseys in that time frame especially when 4 of the 5 from 1975 were green.

Mark

2002-present texas rangers jerseys without the inventory tag. (typically a 5-digit number on white strip tag).

rudy.

I just wanted to add a word on the Manny Ramirez jerseys from his charity. I know many of you have posted on these in the past. Yes they seem suspicious, but I believe the ones from his charity are real...I cannot speak for the ones from ASI, ESM, etc. I have handled many of these and there is a specific reason I am confident that they are real. Manny splashes on expensive perfume before every game. I know it sounds crazy but it's true. I even found corroborating evidence: "Jinxed" by Ken Leiker mentions it. I have some jerseys that still carry a strong perfume scent three years later. I think he ordered a ton of them, but I'm convinced they were used.

Chris

I have also handled several of shirts from his charity and did smell the cologne on the shirts. However, that cologne did not smell like men's cologne.

The jerseys may have been worn, but I believe that they were doctored. I have nearly every Red Sox game from 2003 and 2004 archived and in going back and reviewing the games, it is evident that the dirt stains are not consistent with actual game wear. How do you explain dirt stains inside the jersey and on the year tagging? It is not as if he slid into second base with his shirt untucked.

How about the supposed game used Manny shirts from 2005 from Steiner? I saw a few of them and they show absolutely no use with crisp tags. Same goes for the 25 "game used" shirts that he unloaded to Sportsworld in Boston following the '05 season.

It amazes me that he pulls in $20MM a year and floods the market with all of this memorabilia. I am a big fan but you must due your due diligence when buying Manny stuff, even though him or his people.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer35 View Post
    How about the supposed game used Manny shirts from 2005 from Steiner? I saw a few of them and they show absolutely no use with crisp tags.
    Patrick,

Since S.Carter cannot respond at this time, perhaps one of his colleagues at Steiner can comment on this. I hope Steiner has not resorted to American Memorabilia's avoidance strategy.

Sincerely,
    Snoop Doggy Dogg (aka, Reid)
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.