Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cal Ripken game used items

Does anyone here collect Cal Ripken game used items? I have a signed supposedly game used batting glove. i got it for free so i'm not concerned with being ripped off. it is a size xxl. i have no idea how you would go about authenticating it unless you did a dna test.

Re: Cal Ripken game used items

Do you have a scan?

i am getting ready for bed i will take a photo and post it tomorrow.

Please post pictures and I will evaluate it as I have been known to collect some Ripken items from time to time.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

here are pics
    Attached Images Attached Images   

The ripken batting glove i saw usually were orange and on the strap it had RIP-8 on it

the orange ones were his last couple years, he also wore white w/ black and black w/ white

The Ripken signature is a genuine one & Cal had a contract with Franklin for batting gloves nearly his entire career. Whether or not he actually ever wore it is the bigger question however (not bad for a gift).

The glove in question is certainly the rarest of the three varieties that Cal wore mainly throughout his career. The Rawlings white with black was the prominent batting glove style worn early in Cal's career and the black with Orange was as you mentioned worn later in his career. Quite honestly, I don't remember seeing the black with white Rawlings used by him and have not had time to search my picture data base extensively to verify this one way or the other. The other question I have is the glove size. I need to double check but I believe my Ripken batting gloves might be a size large. Could be wrong on that one. What kind of use do the palms of these gloves show? Not that this proves anything one way or the other but at least it demonstrates what kind of game use if any they show.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

I don't know what compelled me to look through my photo archives but I did manage to find a number of photos of Cal wearing a black Franklin batting glove. Upon reviewing various photos there are several variations of batting gloves pre black-orange "Rip-8" variety. I've attached a couple photos of the black variation, one all black and one black with silver.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    :eek: "Shows solid identifier puckering" :eek: --Lou Lampson

Dan (ripkengamers@aol.com)