Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Harmon Killebrew

I know this was a hot topic before and I don't usually post things of this sort but this really made me real upset! Destroying a HUGE piece of History!!

How sad is this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/05-Abs-TOTT-Harmon-Killebrew-Jumbo-Jersey-Patch-1-1-HOF-/260815351119?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3cb9ce6d4f
    Email: Tay1038@aol.com
    - Interested in Current & Vintage Minnesota Twins game-used memorabilia - Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, Puckett, Hrbek, Blyleven, Mauer, Morneau, Tom Kelly (Manager), Minneapolis Millers & St. Paul Saints

Re: Harmon Killebrew

Cutting up a jersey like that should be a crime!
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

The seller's starting bid price for this jersey card should be a crime too!

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    Cutting up a jersey like that should be a crime!

I have seen this alot with modern-era NFL jerseys, which is just awful. But to see this 1969 Killebrew jersey cut into bits like this and made into a baseball cards makes me feel sick to my stomach. This jersey should have been kept intact and displayed in the Baseball Hall of Fame, or at least kept and cherished by a baseball collector.

Can anyone here on GUU who collects these kinds of cut-up-jersey cards explain the justification for doing this? I just don't get it. I personally would never want just a chunk or piece of a game worn item.

Would be pretty funny if the patch actually was fake...haha

Still wouldn't teach them a lesson for cutting up priceless memorabilia and putting it into cards, though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Would be pretty funny if the patch actually was fake...haha

Still wouldn't teach them a lesson for cutting up priceless memorabilia and putting it into cards, though.
    I wish they had gotten bitten by a fake, too, but the pre-destruction photos look like a 100% genuine Killebrew flannel.

Dave Miedema

I do everything I can to avoid even seeing these cards. I've kind of trained myself to not even see them when I look on ebay even though they are constantly listed in the game used section. But when I do see certain ones, especially made from historic hall of fame worthy jerseys like this, it does make me sick to my stomach.

That jersey sold in a Mastro auction in 2004 for 25K.

http://www.legendaryauctions.com/Lot...px?lotid=38654

I collect baseball cards myself mainly autograpghed rc's but yeah that bothers me that they cut up a piece of baseball history like that!

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I wish they had gotten bitten by a fake, too, but the pre-destruction photos look like a 100% genuine Killebrew flannel.

Dave Miedema
    Not to mention, 1969 was Harmon's MVP season.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingshelmetguy View Post

Can anyone here on GUU who collects these kinds of cut-up-jersey cards explain the justification for doing this? I just don't get it. I personally would never want just a chunk or piece of a game worn item.
    I haven't collected GU cards in awhile but just from an outside prospective. Yeah its a shame to see such a beautiful jersey cut to shreds but not everyone can afford a full gamer from such a high caliber player. It can be more affordable and some people would be happier with something then nothing. Another factor to take into it is that cards are easier to maintain and display in occasion's. Not everyone owns their own house or place to display full game used items so that's where the cards come into play. It all really comes down to preference in my opinion.