Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jason Heyward jersey...

So I went to the Orioles vs Braves series in Atlanta this weekend and they were having a Braves foundation weekend (not from the area so Not sure if this is something they do all the time)

They had a Jason Heyward game used jersey for silent auction.I really wanted to bid on it to at least try and win it. The price would be out of my range to keep so I would have got it for the sole purpose of flipping it.

I didnt end up bidding on it for 2 reasons. 1 I saw a fellow board member bidding on it while things should go to the highest bidder I would have struggled to outbid or get in a bidding war with them. 2. The girlfriend started lecturing me on how I spend money on things and spending that much is not justified and didnt believe I would actually buy it to flip it and didnt believe I could sell it for what I said.

So help me out fellow members if I actually had won that jersey and offered it for sale whats a realistic price you would have offered me?

Oh it was a white home jersey used for at least the july 1st game. Im sure used for many more.

Re: Jason Heyward jersey...

Id say $1500-2000.

More importantly, I want to discuss the girlfriend complaining about the money being spent. (haha).... joking, but I get THIS part of the discussion.

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

How much did it go for? Did you see the final bid?

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing22784 View Post

I saw a fellow board member bidding on it
    Just saw that the board member was Kyle Hess. Good for you, Kyle!

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing22784 View Post
    The girlfriend started lecturing me on how I spend money on things and spending that much is not justified and didnt believe I would actually buy it to flip it and didnt believe I could sell it for what I said.
    Find a new girlfriend. I'm sure she spends tons of money on her hobbies, things you might view as equally wasteful. She shouldn't judge.

Sorry about the jersey, but I'm glad it's in great hands.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Yeah I am def happy Kyle got it. I am not sure if Kyle has posted what he paid for it... Not sure if he would have bid any higher also. Needless to say if I would have bid it would have been only a 2 bidder auction.

I am not going to say what Kyle paid for it that is up to him esp if he plans on selling it I dont want peoples offers to go based on what he paid. I know me personally my price of what I am willing to pay sometimes goes based on what the owner paid. I will say he paid more than the last time they offered one of his jerseys.

My thoughts were to win it flip it for hopefully double and than purchase myself a high end Braves game used jersey of an established Brave such as Chipper, Tom Glavine, Maddux with the profit getting a jersey for free. Needless to say I let my girlfriend win this one as she did have some valid points..

I am a mid 20's guy still living at home with mommy and daddy because the job market sucks right now and paying the very least I would have had to pay still is hard to do given the fact that I couldnt afford to move out.

Thanks Brian....I definitely don't mind saying the price I paid.

I won the jersey for $750...I was the only bidder. I was trying to set a maximum for myself incase I was outbid. I was planning to go up to a grand on it or maybe even more. I borrowed my mother's credit card for the auction and there was no spending limit, so it didn't matter to me really how much I would've spent, as long as I didn't go over what I think it would actually sell for.

Over the 3 games the auction was held, I had bought a total of 5 jerseys & 1 bat. I'm trying to sell 2 of the jerseys to make all of my money back and get the actual market value for them, then keep the rest for basically free. That's just how I like to collect. I'm not too much in it for profit; I just like getting really nice pieces added to my collection for free, and I knew the auction this weekend was the perfect opportunity to do just that. I wish I could keep all of the jerseys, but I already owe thousands from what I spent on my camera equipment and I just can't afford to spend any more money, but I'm definitely glad I got what I got this weekend, but I ofcourse wish there was more Heyward jerseys offered so we both could've had one.

I'm not too much in it for profit; I just like getting really nice pieces added to my collection for free,
    Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Thanks Brian....I definitely don't mind saying the price I paid.

I won the jersey for $750...I was the only bidder. I was trying to set a maximum for myself incase I was outbid. I was planning to go up to a grand on it or maybe even more. I borrowed my mother's credit card for the auction and there was no spending limit, so it didn't matter to me really how much I would've spent, as long as I didn't go over what I think it would actually sell for.

Over the 3 games the auction was held, I had bought a total of 5 jerseys & 1 bat. I'm trying to sell 2 of the jerseys to make all of my money back and get the actual market value for them, then keep the rest for basically free. That's just how I like to collect. I'm not too much in it for profit; I just like getting really nice pieces added to my collection for free, and I knew the auction this weekend was the perfect opportunity to do just that. I wish I could keep all of the jerseys, but I already owe thousands from what I spent on my camera equipment and I just can't afford to spend any more money, but I'm definitely glad I got what I got this weekend, but I ofcourse wish there was more Heyward jerseys offered so we both could've had one.
    Kyle,

I sent you an email.

I read that if the braves trade for Beltran, Pence, or get Francouer back they might send Heyward down to the minors. Any thoughts?