Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Should I get it signed: Rivera

That is a very cool item. I have a few signed bases and I really enjoy them more with the player signatures on them (as opposed to jerseys, which I prefer not be signed). I don't think you will regret spending the $400 and I don't think you can lose at that price, as crazy as it sounds.

I'm going to make my pitch once again to get rid of the "game used" inscription on items that are clearly game used. How about "Career Saves......."? It just seems redundant especially if the item is authenticated. Any thoughts?

I have a 3000 hit bat signed by all. To complete it, I had to send my bat to Steiner for Derek Jeter to sign. His fee was $600. I asked the representative why so much and he said because Jeter is able to get that for his signature. I had no choice but to complete the bat, but that $600 did not make me happy. Of course, I am not a Jeter fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Chess2899 View Post
    I have a 3000 hit bat signed by all. To complete it, I had to send my bat to Steiner for Derek Jeter to sign. His fee was $600. I asked the representative why so much and he said because Jeter is able to get that for his signature. I had no choice but to complete the bat, but that $600 did not make me happy. Of course, I am not a Jeter fan.
    They also charge $450 a Jeter inscription but he will only inscribe up to 3 words....so yes $150/word and I bet Steiner is getting at least half of that fee...or more.

Quote Originally Posted by jojac View Post
    My big concern would be how well will the signature hold up on a pitching rubber over time. I've seen signatures that fade out on home plates and pitching rubbers as time goes by so its something you might want to look into before spending that much cash. Another option is getting a photo from the time framed he used it and display that with the item.
    Use a paint pen....won't bleed or fade.

Mo is an awesome signer! Had him sign a game issued jersey a few years ago, maybe 2005?? He inscribed it "Last to wear 42". He even got up and took a pic with me and my wife. I think it was about $100 with the inscription back then
    Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    donnie23fan at yahoo.com

$400 Hell yeah, do it! I really enjoy getting my game used pieces Signed by the player, if they don't already come that way!