Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Lets see your Frank Thomas GU items!

Joel,
    You beat me to it.. I'd love to see a Thomas Auburn or Barons jersey. If I ever win the lottery I will have Auburn jersey's of Frank Thomas, Charles Barkley, and Bo Jackson. Three of the greatest athletes in the 3 major sports all from one great University.
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Email:
    jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

Sylbry,

Great ball !!!! Sucks that the authentication program was still up and coming towards the end of Franks career, but at the same time thankful that there was a program for items like that! Love it!

Joe & Jimmy,

I have never seen a Thomas Auburn gamer or Team USA jersey I would love to have one in the collection though as well. I have seen a 1990 #15 Home sox jersey hit the market before...just didn't have the funds needed to be aggressive at it. Oh well. Next time.

Everyone...

Keep those items coming. I will continue to post, just have had quite an erratic schedule for consistency. I'm digging sharing the collection with you guys.

Wade

Quote Originally Posted by WadeInBmore View Post
    Joe & Jimmy,

I have never seen a...
    Oops. Sorry bout that Joel

Banned

[QUOTE=WadeInBmore;299283]Today's update goes out to Nick. 1990 LVS Frank Thomas GU bat with a nice early signature to accompany it. The bat is uncracked and shows good use. No pine tar and some great grain only helps the eye appeal and presentation of this bat.

Great bat Wade! Not many of those floating around, I'd love to pick one up one of these days.

Banned

Wade did you pick up the # 15 jersey that was up for auction a couple months back?

Nick...

Unfortunately no Pockets just weren't that deep at that particular time. Kind of a bummer, but at the same time...kind of reassuring that the jersey actually exhists and hasn't been cut up by a card company yet One day.

You know, my biggest fear of collecting Thomas is that one day I will be priced out of collecting him (when he gets into the HoF)!!! Sometimes, random items, seem to spike in price for no real reason. I hope I'm wrong, but given past trends, I fear that I could be correct.

Over the years that 1990 Thomas bat has garnered many tempting offers...almost as many as my Andruw Jones F*ck You Ball bat If I see one, I will let you know.

wade

Todays update takes us back to 2005, the Chicago White Sox world series year and the last season that Big Frank would wear the Sox uniform. Like many years towards the end of his career, '05 was plagued with injuries and Frank saw some rehab time in the minors.

I've always wanted to nab a Thomas minor league garment, so when I saw that a forum member had this jersey I had to reach out and see if I could acquire it. The jersey features good use, most notably a renumbering. The #41 is an odd one IMO for Frank, but I have a theory that goes along with it. I believe that due to the stature of Mr. Thomas the only jersey that they had available in his size was currently number with 41 and another memeber of the team had been using 35. So the Big Hurt graciously used the 41 jersey and the team renumbered a warm-up in his size with 41.

From the 2005 season, here is Franks BP/Warm-up Jersey with the Charlotte Knights, a Sox affiliate at the time. Also included is a shot of Frank in their game uni's...showing his #41. This jersey was purchased directly from the team following Franks departure and was sold as being used by the big man himself.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WadeInBmore View Post
    Nick...

Unfortunately no Pockets just weren't that deep at that particular time. Kind of a bummer, but at the same time...kind of reassuring that the jersey actually exhists and hasn't been cut up by a card company yet One day.

You know, my biggest fear of collecting Thomas is that one day I will be priced out of collecting him (when he gets into the HoF)!!! Sometimes, random items, seem to spike in price for no real reason. I hope I'm wrong, but given past trends, I fear that I could be correct.

Over the years that 1990 Thomas bat has garnered many tempting offers...almost as many as my Andruw Jones F*ck You Ball bat If I see one, I will let you know.

wade
    Bummer you missed out on that jersey, it was one of a kind. I placed a bid, I believe around $1,500 but I actually just assumed that you were going to get that jersey no matter what it ended up going for.
    Let me know if you come across another '90 bat or earlier!

2008. Franks last MLB season. It had its ups and downs. Todays update takes us right back into the controversial release of the Big Hurt by the Toronto Blue Jays. For your viewing pleasure I'm happy to present the locker room nameplate that hung above Franks locker for his last game as a Blue Jay. Purchased direct from the Jay and MLB authenticated...if you look at the date, they removed it the day after he was released! This thing is huge!!!

Appropriate in size, characteristics, and markings I present this game used Chicago White Sox hat. Sweat stain included! A nice example of a Thomas hat.