Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tom Brady Signing???

I see that theres a couple of companies that have pooled their resources and are bringing in Tom Brady for a private signing. For those of you who have been lucky enough to obtain some game used item of Brady's over the years you'll have the opportunity now to get that that jersey or helmet signed.
    When I saw the price of $998 for Tommy boy to sign a jersey or helmet I was kind of offended even though I'm not a Pats fan. All that leads me to a couple of question and I would appreciate anyone's opinion.
    Are there people out there ready to throw down that kind of cash to have their GU item signed??? Would his signature add $998 dollars to the value of that game used item and what are the chances it will retain that value over the years???

Re: Tom Brady Signing???

No, he has shortened his auto over the years to only read 'TBY' now days! That chicken scratch on a high end item looks terrible. I personally hate to see a common autograph on a high end jersey. The autograph would only add value if the inscription says 'game used' IMO.

I have a couple Tom Brady items I got signed in person when i met him for free a few years ago including a game used football and a team issued jersey.

Asking such a high price is crazy if you ask me. Makes you wonder what the companies are making or what the cost is to secure him for an event.

Players like Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Kobe, Barry Bonds, LeBron and others have had signature costs in that range for years.

I'm sure people will fork over the money and you just hope its more than TBY on the signature when you are paying that type of money.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Bonds is signing for $250.
    Derek Jeter signs for $600.

Even Michael Jordan did a send in signing a few years ago for around $450-600.

$1000 bucks is ridiculous for any signature of a living person still playing the game. That autograph is worth half of that the minute he signs it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chess2899 View Post
    Bonds is signing for $250.
    Derek Jeter signs for $600.
    Interesting on the new price for Bonds. He used to be $1,000 when he was relevant.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Huge Brady fan, and have a one of a kind item I'd like to get him and Belichick to sign, but would not even consider paying that price. Not even for both. Very disappointing.

Wait a few years. After Brady retires his prices will fall by at least half.

For me signatures on game used items aren't that important to me. I have some with and some without. It really doesn't change my opinion of an item or make me want to pay more or less. If its there its there, if its not its not.