Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: December 2016 pickups

And then there were three...

Added the big dog to my 1922 Browns collection with yesterday's arrival of a 1922-'25 George Sisler bat. My team set want list is down to Baby Doll Jacobson, Hank Severeid and Frank Ellerbe. An Urban Shocker would also be sweet, but I'm not getting my hopes up for any pitchers' bats.

Also added to my 1942 Cardinals collection with the acquisition of a 1942-43 Harry Walker bat. It's one of the earliest bats to have the Walker finish; you'll notice about 9" of the barrel end is slightly darker than the rest of the bat (the difference used to be more stark, but the aged patina of the lighter wood makes the different finishes harder to see).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post

Added the big dog to my 1922 Browns collection with yesterday's arrival of a 1922-'25 George Sisler bat. My team set want list is down to Baby Doll Jacobson, Hank Severeid and Frank Ellerbe. An Urban Shocker would also be sweet, but I'm not getting my hopes up for any pitchers' bats.

Also added to my 1942 Cardinals collection with the acquisition of a 1942-43 Harry Walker bat. It's one of the earliest bats to have the Walker finish; you'll notice about 9" of the barrel end is slightly darker than the rest of the bat (the difference used to be more stark, but the aged patina of the lighter wood makes the different finishes harder to see).

Another post of great finds, Jeff. If you ever complete that Browns set, it'll be one of the best team bat sets collected in the hobby!

Dave M.

Congrats Jeff! Awesome pick ups!

Great stuff David! You beat me out on the Bible

Here is what I won from the auction, just using the Heritage photos, they are better than mine!

September 1985 Met of the Month plaque
    1977 Expos Player of the Year award
    1981 Sports Illustrated Player of the Month mug
    1980 hundred RBI baseball (first of career)
    1975 All Star Game Presentation Gift (also first of career)

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Picked up a few items from the Gary Carter HA auction

1986 Silver Platter Metlife Met of the Month April 1986
    1989 Leukemia Foundation Service award
    1992 Fellowship of Christian Atheletes presentation bible
    2008 Junior Achievement clock with Tiffany tee and ball
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by Kid4hof03 View Post
    Great stuff David! You beat me out on the Bible

Here is what I won from the auction, just using the Heritage photos, they are better than mine!

September 1985 Met of the Month plaque
    1977 Expos Player of the Year award
    1981 Sports Illustrated Player of the Month mug
    1980 hundred RBI baseball (first of career)
    1975 All Star Game Presentation Gift (also first of career)
    Nice Abe! So glad you were able to some items too! So you were the other bidder on the bible thanks for not bumping it up
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Nice Abe! So glad you were able to some items too! So you were the other bidder on the bible thanks for not bumping it up
    David, you outbid a pastor for a Bible. Don't you feel at least a little guilty?

Bubba Trammell's game used 2000 World Series jersey obtained directly from him.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

David, you outbid a pastor for a Bible. Don't you feel at least a little guilty?
    Hah! He has to forgive me
    metsbats86@aol.com

Banned

Talking Re: December 2016 pickups

Just received in the mail today a 2001 Brewers home jersey of Ray King with the 9/11 flag patch added to the back of the neck. King is a Facebook friend, a guy I talked with some over the years, and was kind enough to send me his Cardinals Sunday alternate cap a number of years ago, which I still have.

Dave Miedema

Pair of Gary Carter bats from 86.

-Darryl Strawberry model with Straw's name blacked out
    -Blank bat pro model bat which Gary hand wrote his name on the barrel and used. I was told by John Ruffino who was the assistant equipment manager in 86 that Gary used to get these blank pro model bats which were used for him to autograph and give away as gifts. He obviously used some too. 'KID8' is written on the knob and barrel end.
    metsbats86@aol.com