Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Pujols Jersey-steinmetz/jeff Opinion?

After reviewing a number of previous posts on this thread, I decided to delete them for the following reasons:

1) The poster presented information he/she claimed to receive from an anonymous source who claimed they wanted to remain anonymous;

2) The supposed source of the information was quoted as saying "I would ask that you not put my comments on ebay, share them with anyone else, replicate them, paraphrase them or anything else."

Needless to say, whether the source really exists or not, this forum would not be very credible if it allowed members to make posts with controversial content that supposedly comes from an anonymous source that claims they don't want their identity revealed.

In the future, please note that one of our forum rules states:

Valid Email Address Required to Post. A valid email address is required to register and it is incumbent upon all members to keep their profile current.

This rule also applies in that posters on the forum cannot post supposed information that comes from a source who will not publicly stand behind their statements. I trust everyone understands where that could lead if allowed.

Sincerely,
    Chris Cavalier

Sur54srd, are you authenticsports2006 on ebay?

Hello Everyone,

This morning I had to delete a number of additional posts from this thread that violated the forum rules (I also deleted a number of posts that were in response to the ones that were deleted since they would not be in context given the removal of the other posts). Apparently my last post was not clear in regard to the forum rules. As I stated previously, the forum rule requiring a valid email address to post also applies in that posters cannot post presumed information that comes from a source who claims they want to remain anonymous. Such postings, in effect, would serve the same purpose as an anonymous post.

The forum is intended to help collectors become more informed. However, as we have stressed many times, it must be done in a responsible manner. In this case, the numerous post that have continuously been attributed to a source who claims he/she does not want to be identified is not, in our opinion, responsible.

If the individual who was presumably involved in the situation would like to come forward and post in a manner consistent with the forum rules then it will certainly be allowed. However, given the disparity in claimed information in this instance, it would be irresponsible to allow anyone to post on behalf of someone else who asks not to be identified. This can lead to any number of problems which include, but are not limited to, a potential inaccurate or misunderstood recounting of events, a deliberate misrepresentation of events, etc.

Thus, if the person supposedly involved in the situation would like to come forward, we will be happy to allow them to post any information that they feel would be helpful to the collecting community. However, for the reasons stated above, we will not allow posts from a second-hand source who claims to be posting on behalf of someone else who doesn't want to be identified.

Sincerely,
    Christopher Cavalier

Quote Originally Posted by RobSteinmetz View Post
    Rudy,

The jersey in question did not originate from me or my company. I have been in communication with the seller, and he is aware of the fact that this jersey was not sourced from my company (as his original description stated). I concur with you and Mark Sutton regarding the double stitching...a characteristic not typically found on Cardinals gamers.
    Jersey relisted on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2003-Albert-Pujo...QQcmdZViewItem

I would think the LOA would mention that the wash tag has been removed since it describes every other detail of the jersey. Instead, it states that there are no alterations of any kind.
    Brad Ausmus is the Bossmus: www.thebossmus.com
    Tony Eusebio Game Used Collection: www.TonyEusebio.com
    Houston Astros Game Used Collection: www.AstrosGameUsed.com
    chris.josefy@gmail.com

back up for auction. this time around, it's said that pujols himself has confirmed its legitimacy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220104325906

rudy.

Is there a letter from Pujols for this jersey? I would think "game worn" or "game used" would have been added to the signature if a letter could not be provided. Thoughts?
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !