Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

View Poll Results: Get this ball signed by Jeter?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 53.85%
  • No, leave it as is

6 46.15%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Would you have Albert sign it?

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    Is the ball MLB authenticated? If so I would not get it signed.

I'd get a nice 16x20 and have him sign it.
    I think your wrong.
    The ball is different from others just because its from the World Series
    and has the Gold logos.
    He knows its authentic and shouldn't really care what anyone else would think.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    I think your wrong.
    and has the Gold logos.
    I have to agree

I have a Cal Ripken Jr. foul ball that I got him to sign, and like Tony said for whatever reason, it is almost completely faded away. It has been kept in a UV case, not in any light the whole time.

That said, it is a GU ball, I would probably get it signed. I dont know what other type of pen besides ball point would be good on a ball though. Definately use a blue ball point, not black.

Jason
    stlbats@bellsouth.net

Banned

Without question have it signed. Imagine having a Game Used Baseball from a Yankees World Series signed by Babe Ruth. Far more valuable than a photo signed.

Also as another member suggested use a blue ball point pen. Not black.

Agree Suave, Even a more recent example would be look at a game used ball from the World Series of 09 and then look at a game used world series ball signed by jeter. The price difference is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    I think your wrong.
    and has the Gold logos.
    Yeah, if it is not not MLB authenticated I would get it signed then. Nice keepsake from the game.

Is the ball MLB authenticated?

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    Yeah, if it is not not MLB authenticated I would get it signed then. Nice keepsake from the game.

Is the ball MLB authenticated?
    I am not sure what difference it makes if the ball is mlb authenticated? Anybody want to sure what the negative side would be of having an mlb authenticated WS foul ball signed by the man who hit it?

Will he sign a game-used ball at the Warm Up? My understanding was he is only signing photos and new, unused baseballs, since game-used equipment falls under his contract with UDA. I could be wrong about that.

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com

I have a 1998 Jackie Robinson Commemorative game used baseball signed by Alex Rodriguez and its barely present any longer. I bought it like this. Is there a reason why a game used baseball will not hold up as good as say a baseball right out of the box? I have it totally out of the light since I bought and it does not seem to have deteriorated any further.

To answer you question. I would have him sign it on the sweet spot but if I display it I would have the WS logo facing the light. It would also depend on the cost of getting it signed.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    I have a 1998 Jackie Robinson Commemorative game used baseball signed by Alex Rodriguez and its barely present any longer. I bought it like this. Is there a reason why a game used baseball will not hold up as good as say a baseball right out of the box? I have it totally out of the light since I bought and it does not seem to have deteriorated any further.

Usually if it is signed on a Game Used Ball it holds up a lot better than a ball out of the box. Possibly the reason for your ball is since it was used for a specific game maybe they used a poorer quality leather for those balls since they were just made for one game. Just a thought.