Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Teams Pre-selling game-used

Quote Originally Posted by PAC View Post
    That's bullshit. If you pre-order and pre-pay, the item should be yours, regardless of whether or not something significant occurred during the game. That gamble should be an incentive of using the pre-order program.

- You pre-pay $10,000 for the jersey of a guy who has 2,999 hits...and he goes 0 for 5.
    - You pre-pay $100 for the jersey of an unknown...and he hits 5 homers.

In both cases, the item is yours. Win some, lose some...the teams would probably come out better in the end.
    Completely Agree!

That's bullshit. If you pre-order and pre-pay, the item should be yours, regardless of whether or not something significant occurred during the game. That gamble should be an incentive of using the pre-order program.

- You pre-pay $10,000 for the jersey of a guy who has 2,999 hits...and he goes 0 for 5.

In both cases, the item is yours. Win some, lose some...the teams would probably come out better in the end.
    That has been my opinion on the subject since day one as well. Part of the fun from ordering through MeiGray for years on my Sami Salo jerseys was the "Oh boy, what will he score/do in this shirt" and watching box scores and highlights for said events. He may be only my favorite player and only I might care but he's scored exactly 1 hat trick in his career. If somehow he scored 4 goals or had 7 points in a game? I'd have felt like I hit the lotto. As it is, I was able to get his first jersey wearing an "A". Had the team been running things at the time, I shutter to think the up-charge.

Admittedly, I've been affected by this garbage before. When the team first took over the game worn program, I emailed for months, with more than one promise from those in charge mind you, as early as January of their SCF run that if they made the Finals, I'd get first crack at Salo's shirts. Team makes it, sudden change in plans. Now they were "giving the players the Blue jerseys and the team was keeping the Whites" What shows up on NHLAuctions later that year? Their white jerseys. Lucky me, I get to pay hundreds over what normal pricing is for a jersey I was promised 8 months before. Stay classy!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    They should be giving away stuff this year lol.
    Hard to argue. It's time to stop pretending this wasn't a failed dumb experiment based upon inflated NHL Auction prices and go back to MeiGray. A small token towards die hard fans who collect that would redeem this season.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

They can do whatever they want and if you don't like it don't do it. I can understand why they would do it and I Dont blame them...I even agree.

It is a program for casual fans, not us collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
    MLB and the teams are definitely a large group of capitalists.
    That's exactly what this is about. Start an authentication program, create demand for "pieces of history," and then selectively screw the customer. If Blackmon has a 6 for 6 game, forget about promises made to collectors for his Coors Field Opening Day gear.

It's all about money, yet Major League Baseball is far from broke. While a good deal can be had here and there, prices keep going up and up, and game used jerseys are being mass-produced. How many Felix Hernandez dugout-worn shirts do the Mariners have to put on their auction site?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Can you actually pre-order (or just even order) from the Red Sox?

I've tried emailing many times over the years and only ever heard back once, to which my reply was never responded to.

Redsox.com is currently offering pre-ordered game-used balls for upcoming games. You have to order online; I don't see a phone number of e-mail option for questions to them.

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    That's exactly what this is about. Start an authentication program, create demand for "pieces of history," and then selectively screw the customer. If Blackmon has a 6 for 6 game, forget about promises made to collectors for his Coors Field Opening Day gear.

It's all about money, yet Major League Baseball is far from broke. While a good deal can be had here and there, prices keep going up and up, and game used jerseys are being mass-produced. How many Felix Hernandez dugout-worn shirts do the Mariners have to put on their auction site?

I fully agree, but what about the player? they dont have any control over any of this and they should and in the case of the Rockies, I know they come first and have first right of refusal on the item, not sure one can really bitch about a player wanting to keep their own stuff.
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!