Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1931 Tour of Japan Signed Ball?? Help Please

This is currently on sale for another 3 days. What do you think? The signatures look the same as other balls I found online that have sold at auction. What would be a realistic price if it were real?
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Re: 1931 Tour of Japan Signed Ball?? Help Please

More photos
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Seems like the whole team signed the ball including the trainer and umpire.

Lou Gehrig
    Ralph Shinners
    Al Simmons
    Herb Hunter
    Lefty Grove
    Rabbit Maranville
    Willie Kamm
    Frank O'Doul
    Muddy Ruel
    Larry French
    Billy Cunningham
    Tom Oliver
    George Kelly
    Mickey Cochran (maybe upside down under Kelly?)
    Dr. Leonard Knowles (Team Trainer)
    John Reardon (umpire)

Just to clarify, this is being sold here in Japan where I live. The owner doesn't seem to know any of the players except Gehrig, since in his posting he is asking viewers of the auction to let him know more names if possible. Bidding started at roughly $100, and is now at roughly $2700 with 65 bids and 3 days to go. No PSA etc since this is a ball that apparently has been kept here in Japan since it was originally signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    Just to clarify, this is being sold here in Japan where I live. The owner doesn't seem to know any of the players except Gehrig, since in his posting he is asking viewers of the auction to let him know more names if possible. Bidding started at roughly $100, and is now at roughly $2700 with 65 bids and 3 days to go. No PSA etc since this is a ball that apparently has been kept here in Japan since it was originally signed.
    Misha,
    Just saw this post...did you buy the ball? Just wondering, as this is a great piece and, IMHO, the autographs are real.

Yes I did, I didn't receive too much feedback from here and I didn't have time to register at Net54 which is more in the vintage area, but I did a lot of comparing to the sigs on the previously auctioned balls and went for it.

Not cheap, but I certainly think I got a good deal. I want to keep it, but I don't want to damage the ball in any way. I haven't even touched it. It's in a Japanese wooden box at the moment. Seems a shame to keep it locked up in a safety deposit box unseen. Are there any ball cubes that can preserve and protect a ball like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    Yes I did, I didn't receive too much feedback from here and I didn't have time to register at Net54 which is more in the vintage area, but I did a lot of comparing to the sigs on the previously auctioned balls and went for it.

Not cheap, but I certainly think I got a good deal. I want to keep it, but I don't want to damage the ball in any way. I haven't even touched it. It's in a Japanese wooden box at the moment. Seems a shame to keep it locked up in a safety deposit box unseen. Are there any ball cubes that can preserve and protect a ball like this?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steiner-Coll...item1e7a06cbda

Maybe something like this with UV protection if you want to display it otherwise why not just keep it in the wooden box. Its current environment kept the signature in that pristine condition. It looks amazing.

Can you provide a link to this Japanese auction house?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Thanks for the info Joel. The site I got it from is not an auction house. It's Yahoo Auctions Japan (you can google it). Like eBay, which doesn't exist in Japan basically. Keep in mind though that it's only in Japanese and sellers don't sell abroad. You also need to live in Japan to register.

There are middlemen who help people who want to buy, for a fee of course. I would be willing to help anyone who had a specific interest.

I am interested in Japanese bamboo/paper baseball fans which have photographs of players, preferably with their identification, and other Japanese baseball-related items. I've bought some of the fans in Japan but find them difficult to find.

Please contact me if you might be able to assist. I am quite confident that Yahoo Japan may have items I am searching for.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeenuts View Post
    I am interested in Japanese bamboo/paper baseball fans which have photographs of players, preferably with their identification, and other Japanese baseball-related items. I've bought some of the fans in Japan but find them difficult to find.

Please contact me if you might be able to assist. I am quite confident that Yahoo Japan may have items I am searching for.

Thank you.
    Hi, tried to send you a PM but your settings don't allow it. Please adjust that or let me know an address for you. As long as you let me know exactly what you are looking for, I would be happy to assist. I will be coming to the US Dec 25th, so if there is something easy and quick for me to grab in Tokyo by then, I could bring it with me, which would save on international postage.

Regards, Michelle