Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Pickups

Re: Recent Pickups

No photos yet, as it just arrived today, but I recently picked up the 1986 style TBTC pants that Chris Woodward wore in the 8/19/2006 and 8/20/2006 20th Anniversary games. I purposely went after these because I already have his jersey from those 2 games and the nameplate that hung over his locker.
    All I need now is the cap & I'm ready to do a nice display...

Banned

Hello! Finally got my recent pick-up from eBay. It was one of the few Astros style jerseys I needed for my collection. It was a 2004 TBTC July 4th Rainbow Jersey. A seller had one on eBay a couple of weeks ago. Here is how the Astros handled these in 2004 - Astros team representatives went around the stadium and randomly picked out 32 individuals. After the game, those 32 people went on the field. By this time, every player and coach has gone into the clubhouse, taken off their jersey, signed it, and then placed it in a brown paper bag. The Astros reps collect the jerseys and place each bag randomly along the 1st or 3rd Base line. The fans then one-by-one get to pick a bag. Isn't that cool - a game worn and signed jersey for FREE! The person I bought this from was the lucky winner of future HOFer and All-Star, Jeff Kent. Unfortunately, Jeff didn't play in the game, but was wearing the jersey in the dugout. I was more interested in the style as the Rainbow was my favorite growing up while watching the 'Stros in the 80s. Anyway, here are a few pics of the jersey and a photo from the game showing the front and back of this style. I am happy!

Name:  DSCN6008.JPG
Views: 647
Size:  64.8 KB

Name:  DSCN6009.JPG
Views: 623
Size:  57.3 KB

Name:  DSCN6010.JPG
Views: 602
Size:  68.9 KB

Name:  06_30_045mQlNlqZ.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  70.5 KB

Tony Eusebio 2000-01 Astros hat. Heavy sweat stains, which the picture minimizes due to the flash. It's actually kind of gross.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Brad Ausmus is the Bossmus: www.thebossmus.com
    Tony Eusebio Game Used Collection: www.TonyEusebio.com
    Houston Astros Game Used Collection: www.AstrosGameUsed.com
    chris.josefy@gmail.com

2006 Vlad Easton Gamer. Used 5/06 Vs, Yankees...Vlad had a good series.
    Sean

Nice Vlad bat 10th man can i ask where you got this bat from.I have been looking for a nice Vlad gamer like this for a while now.Thanks Geoff

Great pickup!!!!!!!

81-82 home Dave Semenko Edmonton Oilers

Today I picked up Marcus Giles' game worn BP jersey. Only $50 from the Braves Clubhouse Store. Worn & washed so many times that everything on the washing tag is almost gone

I never thought about it until now, but thats a great indicator on the use of a BP jersey. I have a Phillies BP jersey and while the wash tag print is not all gone, it is fading. Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Today I picked up Marcus Giles' game worn BP jersey. Only $50 from the Braves Clubhouse Store. Worn & washed so many times that everything on the washing tag is almost gone
    Kyle- Is that a MLB hologram on the # on the back of the jersey?

If anyone is going back there, let me know. Would be interested in a Darryle Ward.

thanks. Andrew

info@AllstarsPlus.com