Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Josh Hamilton's 2nd home run ball from 4 home run game on 5/8/2012

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    Just got back my Hamilton home run ball from the May 8th game and game used SI cover jersey from 2008 this morning signed by the man himself. Josh is one great guy and he made a special notation on my ball for me.

Also, both items received an mlb holo.

Just as a side note, the reason I get on my anti-arod kick is because I had Aroids 585 home run ball and asked him to make a notation on it. Aroid wanted not only wanted the 300 I paid for his signature but another 2k for the notation. Josh and his agent didn't try to get more money from me.
    Congrats my man, that is an amizing piece of history you have there.

A radio station interviewed Hamilton and didnt carevtoo much about the two home run balls he had from the four hr game as when asked what he'd do with them he told the radio personalities he' put them in a closet or give them to his kids to play with in the yard!!! I guess he values G U baseballs as much as I do, lol...

Just got back my Hamilton home run ball from the May 8th game and game used SI cover jersey from 2008 this morning signed by the man himself. Josh is one great guy and he made a special notation on my ball for me.

Also, both items received an mlb holo.

Just as a side note, the reason I get on my anti-arod kick is because I had Aroids 585 home run ball and asked him to make a notation on it. Aroid wanted not only wanted the 300 I paid for his signature but another 2k for the notation. Josh and his agent didn't try to get more money from me.

Good job brother!! Did u get it all auto'd at a signing?? Unreal story with a great ending. I got some Hamilton stuff I'm moving when I get home so you better buy up some on it. hahaha
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 5toolplayer View Post
    Good job brother!! Did u get it all auto'd at a signing?? Unreal story with a great ending. I got some Hamilton stuff I'm moving when I get home so you better buy up some on it. hahaha
    All in one sitting. Don't know if I'll be able to buy any of your items since the wallet is running light. Just picked up a game used base from the game too. Hope to get Josh to inscribe it too.

Banned

Got my game used base in the mail today. This was 2nd base used from the 4th inning thru the 9th inning during his 4 home run game.

I've never bought a base before, but since this was also used to set the ALtotal bases record I thought it had some significance.

When I have Josh sign and inscribe this, should I wash off some of the dirt,or can it still be autographed???? Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Got my game used base in the mail today. This was 2nd base used from the 4th inning thru the 9th inning during his 4 home run game.

I've never bought a base before, but since this was also used to set the ALtotal bases record I thought it had some significance.

When I have Josh sign and inscribe this, should I wash off some of the dirt,or can it still be autographed???? Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Looks like it fits your stool perfectly! Why don't you get it covered up
    professionally and use it as your stool!

All jokes aside I would never wash off the dirt. Autos on bases
    never come out great no matter what. To me the signature adds value
    and the "wow" factor but truthfully it really doesn't do much aesthetically.
    Get it signed nice and big, centered somewhere above the middle logo
    area.
    Goh Nishiyama

Always buying Japanese Game Used Memorablia

gnishiyama@gmail.com

Nice base. Honestly, almost all the auto'd bases I've seen in person look bad. The bumpy surface tends to make most player's writing sloppy. If he's got a small, tight signature or handwriting it will look even worse.

I would consider having him sign one of the side jewels as opposed to the top. You could get a full inscription on there in an opaque ink (like a paint pen), something that covers the logo/etc and still be able to display to show the auto (like flat on a desk or table). Or even have him auto the side, less dirt and if he screws it up or you hate it, it won't ruin the base for you.

I'd also suggest not cleaning dirt off, no matter how well you do it, it will probably look unnatural.

I own a couple milestone bases also and did alot of looking into getting specific base signed. In the end I decided that this player's handwriting (and examples of his signed bases I'd seen) would have a pretty high chance of turning out bad, so I kept it unsigned with a photo from the game next to it (which I will probably have him sign at some point).

Banned

What about having him sign underneath the base? It's a smooth surface and cleaning it would be easy without effecting the looks of it. This was done before the placement of the hologram on the corner.

Thinking outside the box on the base, but would it be worth finding a photo (either Getty/AP or MLBTV screengrab) from when he is rounding/touching the bag and have Josh sign that?

Just a different idea, feel free to tell me it's a dumb one!
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cliffjmp33 View Post
    Thinking outside the box on the base, but would it be worth finding a photo (either Getty/AP or MLBTV screengrab) from when he is rounding/touching the bag and have Josh sign that?

Just a different idea, feel free to tell me it's a dumb one!
    Good idea, I'll see what I can find.