Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Jeter hits 3000 with a HR

Ball given back to Jeter. Yankees reward the kid with Suite seats for the rest of the seaon and post season.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...nt_christ.html
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Wink Re: Jeter hits 3000 with a HR

A stand up guy for sure! Hopefully the bats, caps, and jerseys they are giving him are game used....... That will be a memory he will get to share forever!

Congrats to DJ2.....but relieved to see that the right SS will be starting for the AL in the all star game now....

Hitting a HR was definately cool but I literally had my money on a double with a 1-1 count (put money down in Vegas before the season on those two things)

There was an article in the NY times saying the guy that caught the ball will have to pay $14,000 in taxes to the IRS due to the jerseys, bats, balls and tickets he received from the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny899 View Post
    There was an article in the NY times saying the guy that caught the ball will have to pay $14,000 in taxes to the IRS due to the jerseys, bats, balls and tickets he received from the team.
    If this guy does get stuck with a 14k tax bill, then Jeter and/or the Yankees better step up and fork over the money.

I'm a big fan of Jeter and he seems to do everything right. However, this kid gave up a big pay day to give Jeter back the ball. Tickets and signed memorabilia are nice, but I think Jeter should have stepped it up! The kid is a recent college grad working at Verizon selling phones till he finds a job in his field. It would have been nice if Jeter paid off his student loans (assuming he has them, most of us do) and maybe a car (nothing crazy, a Ford Focus) or something?? This wouldn't put a dent in Jeters wallet.

I would have sold the ball

agree 10000000%.

jeter and/or the yankees need to step up to the plate for this kid now. he did a good thing. let him enjoy his swag without having him pay the taxes on them

otherwise, the next time a milestone baseball goes into the crowd, you can bet that he or she do sell it

Modells and Miller High Life are offering to pay the taxes:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...rn=mlb-wp12669

Also, looks like Modells and Steiner are gonna pay @$50k for his student loans:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...n-baseballcard

Won't he have to pay taxes on those gifts, as well???