Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Terrell Owens Gamer On eBay...What a Joke

Hunt Auction won't deny any item for consignment, Its strictly revenue for them (they'll take just about anything).

Grey Flannel on the other hand, will never except a jersey like that for consignment.

That's why the owner of that jersey have it up on Ebay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    I can only ask this.

Has ANY board member EVER seen a WR game used jersey tagged 'L' in the collar - denoting a lineman's jersey?

Please also remember TO has been one of the most visible, highly photographed players during his NFL tenure. Don't you think there'd be a pic on Getty SOMEWHERE showing him with these stock pro-cut shortened sleeves?
    mvandor=It clearly tells me that you don't know Jack about jersey after what you just say.

So what you acquire a Antonio Gates jersey for $600 and other jersey before from NFL Auction, Which you over bid for.

That doesn't make you an Expert or anywhere close to it.

Your probably one of those people, that takes an NFL Auction Authentic jersey and turn it around and sell it as Game Issued Jersey on Ebay or have your buddy do it for you.

About about these photo, from www.Josportsco.com

Do you see the "L" after the 04-44 tagging, For sure your not there yet.

Dr.Loomis, Please educate them, and forget about catching the Boogie-man.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NFLJerseyCollector View Post
    Hunt Auction won't deny any item for consignment, Its strictly revenue for them (they'll take just about anything).

Grey Flannel on the other hand, will never except a jersey like that for consignment.

That's why the owner of that jersey have it up on Ebay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mvandor=It clearly tells me that you don't know Jack about jersey after what you just say.

So what you acquire a Antonio Gates jersey for $600 and other jersey before from NFL Auction, Which you over bid for.

That doesn't make you an Expert or anywhere close to it.

Your probably one of those people, that takes an NFL Auction Authentic jersey and turn it around and sell it as Game Issued Jersey on Ebay or have your buddy do it for you.

About about these photo, from www.Josportsco.com

Do you see the "L" after the 04-44 tagging, For sure your not there yet.

Dr.Loomis, Please educate them, and forget about catching the Boogie-man.
    Clearly you have yet to master the english language as well as rudimentary people skills.

Do you care to give us YOUR opinion on the T.O. jersey? What do the letters next to the size tag on game jerseys mean to you? Regarding your Grey Flannel comments, have you read any of the recent threads here re: Grey Flannel?

Then you can educate me on what the amount I pay for items from NFL Auctions has to do with this jersey or where you get off accusing me of converrting my acquisitions into fraudulent game used items?

Clearly you have yet to master the english language as well as rudimentary people skills.

Do you care to give us YOUR opinion on the T.O. jersey? What do the letters next to the size tag on game jerseys mean to you? Regarding your Grey Flannel comments, have you read any of the recent threads here re: Grey Flannel?

Then you can educate me on what the amount I pay for items from NFL Auctions has to do with this jersey or where you get off accusing me of converrting my acquisitions into fraudulent game used items?
    If jersey is what you want to talk about, why drag the english stuff with it.
    Your english can use some correction too.

Their are 5 different letter that can go after the year and size tagging,
    • "Q"=Quarterback, usually meaning open Sleeve for QB
    • "S"=Specialty, most receivers, corners and safeties in the NFL prefer this cut, short sleeves
    • "L"=Linebacker, and not linemen. Different team have different cut for linebackers. Very short to NO sleeve at all depending on the team.
    • "O"=Offensive linemen. Both Offensive and Defensive Linemen have no Sleeve on their jersey, if the linemen lift their arms up you could see their armpit
    • "D"=Defensive Linemen. between the two is spacing.

That T.O. jersey has a "L" with the Tagging and Sleeves tailor like a Eagles Linebackers.
    Look on Gettys and you'll see T.O. wears nothing but "S" cut with the Eagles, then look up someone like Jeremiah Trotter with his Sleeves.

That jersey was originally a linebacker jersey, had the name and Numbers strip off, and owens name and number put on.

Next time do your research, study and know your facts before posting something that you have very little knowledge of.

You can question me about Basketball jersey and stuff, or even Baseball Stuff.
    Thats fine with me, cuz i don't know Jack about basketball and baseball stuff, and you won't catch me posting anything about basketball or baseball.

NFL Jersey is what i'm good at.

And for Dr.Loomis he Probably has a friend that work for Ripon and knows the secret stuff, who knows.

Then Again, that jersey could be one of those NFL Auction Jersey.

Banned

If jersey is what you want to talk about, why drag the english stuff with it.
    Your english can use some correction too.

Their are 5 different letter that can go after the year and size tagging,
    • "Q"=Quarterback, usually meaning open Sleeve for QB
    • "S"=Specialty, most receivers, corners and safeties in the NFL prefer this cut, short sleeves
    • "L"=Linebacker, and not linemen. Different team have different cut for linebackers. Very short to NO sleeve at all depending on the team.
    • "O"=Offensive linemen. Both Offensive and Defensive Linemen have no Sleeve on their jersey, if the linemen lift their arms up you could see their armpit
    • "D"=Defensive Linemen. between the two is spacing.

That T.O. jersey has a "L" with the Tagging and Sleeves tailor like a Eagles Linebackers.
    Look on Gettys and you'll see T.O. wears nothing but "S" cut with the Eagles, then look up someone like Jeremiah Trotter with his Sleeves.

That jersey was originally a linebacker jersey, had the name and Numbers strip off, and owens name and number put on.

Next time do your research, study and know your facts before posting something that you have very little knowledge of.

You can question me about Basketball jersey and stuff, or even Baseball Stuff.
    Thats fine with me, cuz i don't know Jack about basketball and baseball stuff, and you won't catch me posting anything about basketball or baseball.

NFL Jersey is what i'm good at.

And for Dr.Loomis he Probably has a friend that work for Ripon and knows the secret stuff, who knows.
    Perhaps I can tap your unlimited expertise then. Why would a Bengals WR wear a Linebacker cut jersey? And exactly why all the pomposity - I don't believe we've ever crossed paths before so what's with the arrogance and off putting approach?

Perhaps I can tap your unlimited expertise then. Why would a Bengals WR wear a Linebacker cut jersey? And exactly why all the pomposity - I don't believe we've ever crossed paths before so what's with the arrogance and off putting approach?
    Why would a Bengals WR wear a Linebacker cut jersey, Let me See.

All Players have different preference, some player find it more comfortable than the "S" cut version.

If anyone wore a actual football game jersey, it would feel funny and weird.

The Jersey they wear on the Field was design, cut and sewn to accommodate shoulder pads.

With the Linemen cut jersey linemen have a better free motion movement with their arms, they're sleeve less so they don't irritate the players skin around the armpit as with "S" Cut jersey would.

With linebacker cut jersey (like the eagles one)their sleeves stop right on the armpit.

Here's the answer incase you ask this Question, "why don't receivers or QB wear Linemen cut jersey then.

If receivers wear Linemen cut with open sleeve, What would you think would happen when a receiver makes a catch like Santonio Holmes did on the SuperBowl or a QB takes a spill.

They would end up more than just grass and paint stain on their armpit (it would be all over their inside of the jersey between the players and shoulder pads meets", and that will cause irritation.

I can only ask this.

Has ANY board member EVER seen a WR game used jersey tagged 'L' in the collar - denoting a lineman's jersey?

Please also remember TO has been one of the most visible, highly photographed players during his NFL tenure. Don't you think there'd be a pic on Getty SOMEWHERE showing him with these stock pro-cut shortened sleeves?

I checked the 14 game worn wide receiver jerseys I own and none of them had an "L" cut. Some of them had nothing beyond the year and size, but any that had a style cut had an "S."

I mostly collect Chargers jerseys and even the Igor Olshansky 2008-9 Chargers game worn jersey for which I overpaid on NFL Auctions has an "S" cut. As do the game worn jerseys of Linebackers Jyles Tucker, Stephen Cooper, Donnie Edwards and Shawne Merriman. Every Chargers Defensive Back jersey I own is an "S" cut. I suppose player preference plays a role in the jersey style and therefore a WR could conceivably have an "L" cut jersey. I've just never seen it prior to this thread.

I've been burned a couple of times on fake jerseys, and I've benefited from the expertise of people participating in this Forum who have offered valuable advice on jerseys I wanted to buy. I buy mostly from NFL Auctions now and for that I pay a premium. There are times I've clearly overpaid but have the knowledge that the item I purchased is authentic. That's my business just as it is Mvandor's business. I don't see a need, when the discussion involves a WR jersey, to be so personally attacking period, and particularly on a completely unrelated subject. There's been far too much of that in this Forum lately. It takes away from the enjoyment of collecting and the purpose of the Forum -- as I'd understood it.

For whatever it's worth,

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jbcindc View Post
    I checked the 14 game worn wide receiver jerseys I own and none of them had an "L" cut. Some of them had nothing beyond the year and size, but any that had a style cut had an "S."

I've been burned a couple of times on fake jerseys, and I've benefited from the expertise of people participating in this Forum who have offered valuable advice on jerseys I wanted to buy. I buy mostly from NFL Auctions now and for that I pay a premium. There are times I've clearly overpaid but have the knowledge that the item I purchased is authentic. That's my business just as it is Mvandor's business. I don't see a need, when the discussion involves a WR jersey, to be so personally attacking period, and particularly on a completely unrelated subject. There's been far too much of that in this Forum lately. It takes away from the enjoyment of collecting and the purpose of the Forum -- as I'd understood it.

For whatever it's worth,

Jason

Jason,

Well put.

It's all my fault. I read this thread from the start, and I'll be the first to tell you.....I don't know diddly about football jerseys. But like others have stated, there is some good reading here to learn, so I read.

But I couldn't help choke out a laugh or two when NFLJerseyCollector spewed out his claim about Grey Flannel not consigning a jersey like this.

That's when it hit me.....I'm responsible.

NFLJerseyCollector is Richard Russek in cognito....coming back to get even with all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Jason,
    But I couldn't help choke out a laugh or two when NFLJerseyCollector spewed out his claim about Grey Flannel not consigning a jersey like this.

That's when it hit me.....I'm responsible.

NFLJerseyCollector is Richard Russek in cognito....coming back to get even with all of us.
    Oh Please, why don't you throw in TJ, or even Victor Moreno or whos the other one from Vintage Auction.

I personally sell stuff through them as well as buy stuff through them.

but reading what you wrote that i'm him is funny and stupid on your part.

Oh Please, why don't you throw in TJ, or even Victor Moreno or whos the other one from Vintage Auction.

I personally sell stuff through them as well as buy stuff through them.

but reading what you wrote that i'm him is funny and stupid on your part.

Do you?

Really?

You must have a set of avocado sized doo-dads to end all.....not to mention a VOID in the deposits side of your accounts receivable ledger.

In case you haven't heard, there are a few people here who are just a tad upset that they have been used to finance an ongoing business. But hey, by all means, consign on!

Look, I have never been invited to do the Tonight Show. If you can't take a bit of ribbing while sticking up for an auction house who has been lambasted here of late, and has taken retalitory action against the honest concerned posters who share valuable info here, then please accept my apologies for upsetting you with such a rediculously minor attempt at making light of something that happened to me recently.

But know that you pretty much stand alone in your high praise for them.

Peace, brother.

Hey, by the way.....would you bid on a bat coming up in their May auction for me? I've had a hellova time logging into my account recently......