Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Gloves on Ebay - Soriano collectors....

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    OK, you know what Frik, this is getting rediculous.

You email me privately, are as nice as can be, but every day you publicly post something like THIS nonsense.
    Just FYI, the word is "ridiculous".

Every day I publicly post something? What are you talking about? The only thing I posted was when I was concerned about the comments you made about tjm5711's lack of masculinity. I found those to be offensive.

Other than that, I haven't posted anything about you at all, except for disagreeing with you about passion and collecting. That was not a personal attack, just a disagreement. And I have every right to my opinion.

There's a big difference between attacking ideas and attacking a person. I have been careful to not attack you personally, but only to criticize ideas with which I disagree. I am only around to have fun and help collectors.

Please.....knock it off. If I get one more of these types of posts from you, I'm going to report it as harrassment.
    Harassment? Are you serious? I don't resort to belittling, name-calling, etc. If anyone is being harassed, it's tjm5711, and I wrote in concerned about him.

I never harass anyone. Just because you don't agree with tjm's opinions in many threads doesn't mean that he is stupid or deserves to be mocked in other threads.

That's all I was saying, and I just meant to stand up for him.

Have a nice day.....and go check your email. While you were bashing me here, again, calling me a "baiter" (YES LES, with NO SEXIST MEANING INVOLVED THERE!!!)....I was busy typing you a VERY nice responce to the email inquiry you asked me about.
    Perhaps I will stick to email. Then, I won't be a bother anymore to this forum. I have tried to be constructive and to stand up for people like tjm5711, but in the end, I seem to do more harm than good.

This is my last post on this forum. I'm done. I left the forum in November because of this garbage. Was hoping it would be better this time around, but I guess not. It's too bad, but such is the climate around here.

I have many other interests than just baseball. I will go and pursue those. When you mention the word "bait", there is no sexist connotation. However, as a woman, I find some of your comments to be offensive.

See you later.

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post

Every day I publicly post something? What are you talking about? The only thing I posted was when I was concerned about the comments you made about tjm5711's lack of masculinity. I found those to be offensive.

Other than that, I haven't posted anything about you at all, except for disagreeing with you about passion and collecting. That was not a personal attack, just a disagreement. And I have every right to my opinion.

There's a big difference between attacking ideas and attacking a person. I have been careful to not attack you personally, but only to criticize ideas with which I disagree. I am only around to have fun and help collectors.

Harassment? Are you serious? I don't resort to belittling, name-calling, etc. If anyone is being harassed, it's tjm5711, and I wrote in concerned about him.

I never harass anyone. Just because you don't agree with tjm's opinions in many threads doesn't mean that he is stupid or deserves to be mocked in other threads.

Perhaps I will stick to email. Then, I won't be a bother anymore to this forum. I have tried to be constructive and to stand up for people like tjm5711, but in the end, I seem to do more harm than good.

This is my last post on this forum. I'm done. I left the forum in November because of this garbage. Was hoping it would be better this time around, but I guess not. It's too bad, but such is the climate around here.

I have many other interests than just baseball. I will go and pursue those. When you mention the word "bait", there is no sexist connotation. However, as a woman, I find some of your comments to be offensive.

See you later.

-Frik

As much as I would like to play it safe and sit on the sideline and not get in the middle of this, I feel compelled to say something.
    Les, I hardly even know you and am extremely grateful for the support you are giving me. I think it would be a true crime for you to let this get to you and abandon this forum.

Instead, I think the best thing to do is here is not feed into any type of counterproductive dialogue. I was guilty of this in the aforementioned threads by you, and have learned that lesson the hard way in my short time so far on this forum. I am not directing that idea in reference to any member in particular for fear it will ignite another negative exchange. But, please do not leave the forum because of this. Thank you again, and I look forward to seeing you on here in the future.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post

See you later.

-Frik

......C'mon Leslie. No one wants you to leave.

There are NO misunderstandings here. Go back and read your post on this thread. You were not sticking up for "tjm5711"...or even STLHAMMER32 for that matter. I mean, do you really think that making a statement like "Who are you to say....." from your other post that was deleted by Chris Cavalier. He apparently didn't read that as "friendly" either. I mean, please.

I am not after anybody for their opinions.

You were making it very clear HERE that you were calling me out.....yet again.

Since when does a guy on the forum need to be supported by another member anyways? I mean, let's leave this alone already. EVERYONE can hold there own.....it's an INTERNET forum.

And further more, if you do leave, who's gonna correct my typo's/misspellings? Don't DO IT, "teach"!!

We really need to all agree to let postings of others be "addressed" by the mods in relation to what relevance they carry as "personal attacks". We've got to STOP the back and forth stuff! I know I was "offended" by tjm5711's repeated crys and claims of his feeling I was attacking him, but I didn't say anthing, contact the mods, or do didley squat. I just let Chris do his thing, and he deleted what he felt was just, made a statement which I certainly read, and all is good. Hell, all I was doing with tjm5711, repeatedly, was offering him some friendly advice on how to approach things here. And based on his last post, it sounds like he's got it 10-fold.

And I guess Mr. Cavalier agreed to the above, because I'm still here.

So let's stick to the post topics. Peace, hugs, and Manny Ramirez game used gloves to all!!

Quote Originally Posted by markize View Post
    I can't speak for the Manny glove, but this glove is very similar to one I own. There are a few small differences such as the "El Monstruo" on the pinky where mine has A. Soriano. the inside lining on the ebay glove has white "furry" lining on the back of the palm side where mine has black. another difference is mine has gold colored stamping in the palm of the golve (although is is faded from use), and also where it says made in Japan. Other than that, it looks very close. the glove I own is very small as is expected for a 2B glove. its very hard to tell the size of the ebay glove, but looks close. I actually contacted the seller last night for some additional information, but haven't heard from him yet. I will be happy to email you, or post any response. My glove came through Rob Steinmetz, and I am VERY comfortable with that.

As Liz mentioned, there have been questions raised about some of the gloves he has offered in the past, so till I hear from him I will not make any rock soild judgements. Hope this helps.

feel free to contact me direct with any questions.

Mark
    sirfuzzy@comcast.net
    I found this photo from the 2002 All Star game. Can't tell but it looks like he used a different glove for the All Star game.

Name:  soriano_yankees_glove.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  42.0 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Man......you see? When you're in a hurry, you just screw up!

I didn't finish a sentence....

"I mean, do you really think that making a statement like "Who are you to say....." from your other post that was deleted by Chris Cavalier.... was in a friendly context?"

Left that last (highlighted) part out, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I found this photo from the 2002 All Star game. Can't tell but it looks like he used a different glove for the All Star game.

Attachment 33861
    Looks like he maybe had a tough game, too.

Looks like he maybe had a tough game, too.
    Looks like it. What wording do you think it says on the glove? It is blurred.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

Man......you see? When you're in a hurry, you just screw up!

I didn't finish a sentence....

"I mean, do you really think that making a statement like "Who are you to say....." from your other post that was deleted by Chris Cavalier.... was in a friendly context?"

Left that last (highlighted) part out, sorry.
    Just for the record, nothing you said Steve influenced my last post. Now, can you please end this counterproductive discussion before you cause other members to leave the forum !

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Looks like it. What wording do you think it says on the glove? It is blurred.
    I'm fairly certain it says "E-4"

On a serious note, could it be "EASTON"? That's a real stretch, as I can't make it out either.

I'm fairly certain it says "E-4"

On a serious note, could it be "EASTON"? That's a real stretch, as I can't make it out either.
    LMAO. Yes, E4. Seems he did change gloves in 2004. The stitching looks to be on the wrong location vs the one for sale but it is interesting.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500