Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Vintage Authentics reliable?

I am so glad all these houses are getting outed,Vintage is yet an other example of incompetency and dishonesty!That is why its good only to collect vintage jerseys.Less chances for abuse!

I'm wetting my skirt with anticipation of winning all of these......

That's because I know you are all incorrect.

These jerseys are absolute pieces of historic GOLD.

I will turn around, and dump them on ebay......and make a MINT!

Not really.

Simply pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    I haven't bid on their auctions before but in the past, I have regretted not doing so. I know Lou Lampson works with them but the new auction has like 6 Atlanta Braves jerseys with World Series Patches (Including a Chipper from 1996 which I'd love to own)

Are they reliable and trustworthy or am I throwing away money bidding with them? Specifically:
    http://www.vintageauthentics.com/cgi...unbr=103478069

Maybe Kyle can chime in on this one but I don't think the lettering looks right for "Braves" or "Jones" I also see on getty images that he wore both "Jones" and "C. Jones" in the playoffs but game 3 of the 1996 W.S. was Andruw's 2 hr game and I think he had C. Jones during the W.S.

Opinions?

It should take anyone.....oh.....I don't know.......POINT-8 SECONDS to identify the "N" in Jones on the NOB as a letter that is cut for the end of a longer name.

Look at it......it is angled to be placed to the right or end of a name. As a letter placed in the middle of the name, it should appear "level", with no slope.

This stuff is so bad, it's insulting to even a novice.

But this shows us all JUST how desperate some people get when shopping for items of their sports star favorites. It will sell.....and that's sad.

I can definitively end the argument here. I follow all Chipper jerseys, and I have an extensive DVD collection of old games.

The jersey is a fake. I already checked the 96 World Series footage carefully (all 3 home games), and it is a fake. The nameplate is completely off, and the 'Braves' on the front of the jersey is off as well. Someone is going to waste a lot of money on some very expensive laundry.

Who knows...maybe this was a game-issued jersey that he didn't actually wear, but who cares?? He never wore it in a World Series game, and that's what this auction implies.

End of story.