Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yankee stadium museum gu items (WARNING large pics)

On my most recent trip to the stadium I had my camera handy and figured I would go take some shots during the game when the museum is a ghost town. I figured most here may enjoy to see some of this amazing stuff they have on display.

1920's warm up jacket

Re: Yankee stadium museum gu items (WARNING large pics)

Thanks, you took some really nice pictures. Wonder where the Yankees got some of the things on display. Were the bats simply kept by the team or were they purchased or given as gifts. The Ruth bats appear to have have come from a private source.

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    Thanks, you took some really nice pictures. Wonder where the Yankees got some of the things on display. Were the bats simply kept by the team or were they purchased or given as gifts. The Ruth bats appear to have have come from a private source.
    Most are private on loan from various sources. What I really like is that the 3 times I been there at the museum the pieces have been different for the most part. I am not sure if its luck or a very well taken care of display, cause each time I have seen some great new things. And the amazing part is its probably the only free thing at the stadium heh

some nice historical pieces can probably be found in Steiner's warehouse.

I like that it is a New York baseball museum and not just a Yankee museum.

Thanks for taking the pictures! What's the theme of the signed baseballs in the last picture?

The Babe Ruth bat signed "To the boy homerun king of L.A." sold for 1.2 million in 2004. A record price for a single bat http://www.auctionreport.com/?p=4332

It was also the bat Babe used to hit his first HR in Yankee stadium in 1923.

Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    The Babe Ruth bat signed "To the boy homerun king of L.A." sold for 1.2 million in 2004. A record price for a single bat http://www.auctionreport.com/?p=4332

It was also the bat Babe used to hit his first HR in Yankee stadium in 1923.

Bobby
    Thats an amazing price, I thought to myself wow how much could that get. Thanks to you I now have a number thank you

Quote Originally Posted by LWMM View Post
    Thanks for taking the pictures! What's the theme of the signed baseballs in the last picture?
    The content of the display are all Yankees autographs its quite amazing its everyone from say Doc Gooden to Ruth and Gehrig the have a computer set up so you can search for your player than look it up on the wall. But at each end there are players that represent Yogi and Don Larsen.

Banned

I just took the tour last Saturday, I would highly recommend it to any baseball fan. $20 tour gets you in the museum, dugout, clubhouse and monument park.