Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Vintage Ohio State Gem (Helmet)...

Quote Originally Posted by Huron View Post
    Robert, is it possible that the one that you've shown that sold at auction was signed (and worn) by RAY Griffin? His number was 44.
    Good call Huron, I was going to ask the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Huron View Post
    Robert, is it possible that the one that you've shown that sold at auction was signed (and worn) by RAY Griffin? His number was 44.
    yes, it's griffin's (the younger) gamer... btw for those that have ever wondered about what an ohio state player has to do to earn one of those merit/award decals (buckeye decals), here's the breakdown...

also, here's the link to the guy with the nice collection, where i pulled the ohio state gladiator helmet from...

http://www.buckshelmetsite.com/Helmets.aspx

robert

looks like the beautiful griffin gamer discussed earlier in this thread recently fetched 10k on ebay.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...c#ht_500wt_949

robert

Caution. Those are the exact same pics from the previous Ebay listing, and the exact same description, but the font looks strange. I'm thinking scam listing.

Also note the previous auction was exactly one year ago. I also checked the previous seller's feedback to see if the previous buyer and the current seller are one and the same. The previous seller did not receive feedback. I then checked the current seller's feedback to see if he he got some from the previous seller. Not only did the current seller not get feedback, he hasn't received any since 2011. You'd think a 10K auction would have some feedback, one way or the other...

My guess is this new listing was generated by a scammer using an automated program to create fake listings on the one-year anniversary of high dollar Ebay auctions, using Ebay accounts that have not been used in a long time.

I requested the seller post some current pics to prove they actually have the helmet. My guess is I won't receive a response...

Its down already haha. I was pretty skeptical myself. I was hoping maybe it would raise some Ohio State discussions again. Seemed like there were quite a few OSU fans on here in the past. I was pumped when I finally got accepted on here to chat to other OSU fans and I think they all left haha. Gotta keep trying.

There are a few of us on here. You didn't chase us away. If we need a topic to discuss, how about the authenticity of the jerseys the one Ebay seller has listed currently. The Tovar is interesting. Some of their other jerseys definitely aren't legit though, and it makes me question the authenticity of the Tovar...

Still here, I just don't visit as often.