Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2007 Billy Butler Game Used Negro League Jersey

Okay y'all, I am trying to sell this jersey to make up for some purchases I have made and to help with a vacation. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=010

Re: 2007 Billy Butler Game Used Negro League Jersey

Hard to sell an item that is severly overpriced. I'd offer $400 but I know a market value price isn't worth the time to offer when someone is that far off of mv. The Dejesus isn't selling for $325 and he is a far better complete player. Oh well, i'm rambling.

I appreciate your feedback, however I feel (and I know others know about Billy Butler) that Billy is going to be one of the best hitters in the league when given more time. He is certainly going to be the best hitter in the Royals lineup for years to come. While it is true he struggles at times as a position player, no one can deny his bat. To me this is a rookie year game used MLB authenticated jersey. I don't really need to sell this, I could sell other things. Being that it is an item I am attached to, I won't let it go for a cheap price. I just wanted to throw it out there to see if there would be any takers. If not, that's fine too.

If an Alex Gordon jersey (from the same game) could have fetched $900, then this jersey can certainly fetch that, if not better. IMHO Gordon isn't even at the same level as Butler is regarding hitting.

In 250 AB's Butler is hitting .300 with 19 doubles, 2 triples, 6 homers and 43 rbi's! Given a whole season he would be busting 100+ rbi's! That's better than Dejesus in any season. In fact, Butler's volume of extra base hits are almost the same than Dejesus' despit the fact that Dejesus has more than twice the at-bats! Comparing him to Dejesus is simply ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by brianborsch View Post
    I appreciate your feedback, however I feel (and I know others know about Billy Butler) that Billy is going to be one of the best hitters in the league when given more time. He is certainly going to be the best hitter in the Royals lineup for years to come. While it is true he struggles at times as a position player, no one can deny his bat. To me this is a rookie year game used MLB authenticated jersey. I don't really need to sell this, I could sell other things. Being that it is an item I am attached to, I won't let it go for a cheap price. I just wanted to throw it out there to see if there would be any takers. If not, that's fine too.

If an Alex Gordon jersey (from the same game) could have fetched $900, then this jersey can certainly fetch that, if not better. IMHO Gordon isn't even at the same level as Butler is regarding hitting.

In 250 AB's Butler is hitting .300 with 19 doubles, 2 triples, 6 homers and 43 rbi's! Given a whole season he would be busting 100+ rbi's! That's better than Dejesus in any season. In fact, Butler's volume of extra base hits are almost the same than Dejesus' despit the fact that Dejesus has more than twice the at-bats! Comparing him to Dejesus is simply ridiculous!

I think this is like comparing apples to oranges. The guys, statistically anyway, are complete opposites. You have a DH -vs- a guy that can play any of the 3 outfield positions nearly flawlessly. One guy is in the lineup to score runs, the other is there to bat them in. Not saying one is better than the other, but they are different!!!

However, I believe Alex Gordon will command a higher value due to being a very high profile rookie. Especially, since he has really been starting to hit the ball during the past month. Billy Butler is also a big name (when it comes to rookies), but did not get nearly the hype that Alex did. Sometimes, I think baseball cards have a hand in that - if you recall the infamous Topps Alex Gordon rookie from last season. http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-Topps-Alex-...QQcmdZViewItem
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Very true,

They are different players. Depending on how desperate you are for position players, that could certainly diminish the value of someone strictly DH'ing. But the Royals are looking to make Butler a regular 1st baseman in the long run. Then he will be even more valuable.
    Still, for production, I would take Butler over Gordon or anyone on that team, what to speak of any rookie in all of the MLB. Gordon is well-hyped. Too much in my opinion. He can play some "D", but his plate discipline has been piss-poor to say the least. From what I have seen this season, and in the past, Butler's bat is so strong that he will be in the line-up one way or another.

Though, i'm sure you're doing a good sell job to someone who doesn't follow baseball... but if you know anything about it, you know that what you are saying is patently ridiculous.

Alex Gordon plays a premium position... has a premium bat... and premium defense. He could very well be one of the top players in the league... the next George Brett.

Please, find me one DH that commands that high dollar money? I really hope that it IS just a sell job you are trying to do, otherwise I don't think I, or anyone, can help you. Enjoy your jersey... you'll have it for a long time.

Like I said, if I really needed to sell it I would have a lower price. So I am just seeing if anyone will take it. Otherwise I will keep it. I may get desperate in the next few months, but if I can sell something else I will.

I understand that Gordon plays a premium position, but his bat is not showing me anything this year. Yeah, players have bad years and bounce back, but gosh, if I had to compare bats between Gordon and Butler, Butler would be my choice 10 times over Gordon. I personally think Gordon is over-hyped. His plate discipline is horrible and without that you cannot succeed in the Major League level.

Now, to address the position thing, if Butler can get good enough at a position (which 1st base is very possible, and I believe he will succeed there) then his stock will rise well above Gordon's. Yeah, it is harder to find a good 3rd baseman with a bat, but I am sure anyone would pickup up Albert Pujols, Justin Morneau or Ryan Howard on their team instead of Alex Gordon. What to speak of Thome, Helton or Derrek Lee.

So, do I think Gordon will be great? Not really. Defensively, yes, but with his bat? Definitely not at the same level as Butler. And Butler's bat is potent enough that any team would clear a spot for him, even if his defense never pans out.

Oh, and by the way, just because people say Gordon will be the next "Greorge Brett" it doesn't mean that he will be. His play and batting don't compare to Brett. As stated earlier, he has never shown the bat control (in his career) that Brett had, and Brett started in the league at age 21, not 24.

Butler is closer to Brett regarding the bat than Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by flightposite View Post
    Though, i'm sure you're doing a good sell job to someone who doesn't follow baseball... but if you know anything about it, you know that what you are saying is patently ridiculous.

Alex Gordon plays a premium position... has a premium bat... and premium defense. He could very well be one of the top players in the league... the next George Brett.

Please, find me one DH that commands that high dollar money? I really hope that it IS just a sell job you are trying to do, otherwise I don't think I, or anyone, can help you. Enjoy your jersey... you'll have it for a long time.
    Personally, I believe this crosses a line clearly drawn out by the forum rules. It appears this post would break rule #1, 3, and 17. Honestly, I'm shocked that the moderator hasn't said anything.

If not interested in an item, simply pass on it. There is no need to do anything else.

As far as the DH comment goes - perhaps we could look at Big Papi and Hafner.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Agreed! Thanks for that, because it is true! But Butler has a chance to become good at 1st base. He has played that position in the past, and he could become good enough at that position to add more value. Granted he just had an error last night, he is still trying to re-learn this role.
    But like I have been saying, I feel Butler's bat will be so potent that teams will make room for him even if he doesn't pan out at 1st base.

Regarding the negative comments from the poster above, ts obvious the poster wants the jersey bad but is frustrated he can't get a good deal on it. I will agree it is over-priced, but if I find someone who buys it at that price I'm cool with it as I don't want to part with it unless I get something out of it. I am personally trying to collect Butler as a second focus, but I am having a hard time so I will sell for the "right price". You all know who my 1st focus is.

Brian B.