Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Wade Boggs - My Experience

That must have been a day you will never forget!

Quote Originally Posted by emann View Post
    My assumption is that Wade hung onto 2 gamers every season throughout his career, but they probably were not the only ones he had in his locker. Even if some clubbie assured him they were, I'd guess a few "walked" out the door of the clubhouse, were given to charity, etc and were replaced (probably without his knowledge) over the decades. He's not the first player to tell collectors that he held onto all his gamers...
    I think this is very probable and logical. I think it would also be a fair statement to say that only the Equipment Managers really know how many jerseys a player had, as they most likely were responsible for placing jersey orders.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinLakesPark View Post
    I think this is very probable and logical. I think it would also be a fair statement to say that only the Equipment Managers really know how many jerseys a player had, as they most likely were responsible for placing jersey orders.
    Right. I'd imagine that the equipment managers were the ones in the real know. The Sox in particular apparently had a good amount of unseemly things going on during that era, it wouldn't shock me if equipment theft by employees was commonplace.

Anyway, I didn't mean to hijack your posting—it is a great pick-up... Congrats!

I don't think he is hurting, he just has a massive amount of stuff that he kept, and he is cleaning out some closets.
    Do you talk to him often? I would like to get a Devil Rays bat from him. I already have one.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Banned

David-
    Check with celebzdirect.com, they had a few Devil Ray bats available last time I checked.

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Wade Boggs - My Experience

Boggs was doing the "I have everything" routine as far back as the 1980s. I twice saw people in the stands at Comiskey Park ask him to sign their game-used jerseys. Boggs wouldn't even come over, instead asking the fan what year the jersey was from. You could reply 1982, 1984, 1986, 1,000,000 years BC, and it wouldn't matter. Without ever examining the jersey close-up, he'd respond "that can't be real; I have all mine from that year". Personally, I take his claims of exclusive ownership about as seriously as I take the claim that two low-level minions in Cincinnati were the brains behind the recent IRS scandal.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Boggs was doing the "I have everything" routine as far back as the 1980s. I twice saw people in the stands at Comiskey Park ask him to sign their game-used jerseys. Boggs wouldn't even come over, instead asking the fan what year the jersey was from. You could reply 1982, 1984, 1986, 1,000,000 years BC, and it wouldn't matter. Without ever examining the jersey close-up, he'd respond "that can't be real; I have all mine from that year". Personally, I take his claims of exclusive ownership about as seriously as I take the claim that two low-level minions in Cincinnati were the brains behind the recent IRS scandal.

Dave Miedema
    A+ love it

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    I also like the fact Wade is sporting his Devil Rays BP jacket.

Any one have the picture of Wade in His Devil Rays BP jacket?

I just bought this jacket a few weeks ago and would like a copy of the picture.

James