Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Name your 3 favorite bats in your collection and why?

Viola Mets bat which completed a nice collection for one corner of the room

1.Don Mattingly mid '90s Cooper-Let's face it,if you grew up in the tri-state in the '80s and rooted for the Yankees,Donnie Baseball was the man.
    2.Jason Giambi 2000-2001 era Louisville G174-My favorite current player..despite the juice,loved the guy even when he played for Oakland and would KILL the Yanks.
    3.Sal Fasano 2005 Sam Bat-It's Sal Fasano.Enough said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

A Luis Gonzalez Rawlings bat used in the 2001 post-season. Tons of use and filthy with pine tar, but uncracked.

A Louisville Slugger that Randy Johnson brought with him from Houston to ST in Tucson for the DBacks in '99. I've never seen another one of his Astros bats, and he put a really nice signature on this one.

A Louisville Slugger made for (then DBacks coach) Robin Yount in '03; borrowed and cracked by infielder Tony Womack, Yount inscribed it in black sharpie, "To Tony Dickhead, Happy Fungo Hitting" and put a nice signature on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000mvpfan View Post
    1.Don Mattingly mid '90s Cooper-Let's face it,if you grew up in the tri-state in the '80s and rooted for the Yankees,Donnie Baseball was the man.

2000mvpfan - Absolutely correct! I was 14 years old and living in Northern NJ when Donnie Baseball made a splash in 1984 and I loved him ever since. He was the greatest hitter I ever saw. Outstanding fielder too but man what a bat! He would inside out pitches and go the other way like he was putting on a clinic.

Donnie is the man!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    A Louisville Slugger made for (then DBacks coach) Robin Yount in '03; borrowed and cracked by infielder Tony Womack, Yount inscribed it in black sharpie, "To Tony Dickhead, Happy Fungo Hitting" and put a nice signature on it.
    That Yount bat isn't a fungo is it? I know, I know...why would Tony Womak be borrowing a fungo? I'm just asking in case it is...I'd love to see it.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Tino Martinez Game Used Bat - If I can't have a Mattingly, Tino will be my next pick for Yankees first basemen. He was there during the World Series Years.

Jorge Posada 2007 Game Used Bat from Clemens 350th Win - Posada is having an amazing year and his bats always have great characterisitics. This is Steiner/MLB authenticated and the best thing is, it only cost me $100!!

Johnny Damon 2006 Game Used Bat - Most recent bat pickup, and it's one of my favorites. Damon is a great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by harpt View Post
    That Yount bat isn't a fungo is it? I know, I know...why would Tony Womak be borrowing a fungo? I'm just asking in case it is...I'd love to see it.
    It's a LS K100. I'll pull it out later today and post a couple of photos.

TFig - please tell me how you snagged a Posada gamer for $100.....I'm all ears!

Jim

I'm thinking he got it in that Steiner $100 take a chance drawing they had a couple months ago. Quite a few Posada and Brosius abd Giambi bats came out of that.

Here are my three:

1990 George Brett C271. Beautiful use, tar and auto. Totally legit gamer of one of my favorites growing up.

1986-89 Robin Yount P72. Totally unimprovable. Nice tar, ball marks, autographed. The absolute nicest Yount I have ever seen! Another one of my favorites growing up.

2004 Vladimir Guerrero Xbat. Pounded with ball marks. Tons of pine tar. Nice autograph. PSA authenticated. One of my current favorites. Love no batting gloves. Tough player.

Scott
    Attached Images Attached Images