Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dustin Pedroia bat on ebay

can anyone shed some light or ideas on the pedroia bat on ebay? I know his used an M9 and this bat is from steiner.....please help me out

thanks
    Mike

Re: Dustin Pedroia bat on ebay

Going off memory...I don't recall Pedroia using this model bat this year. I own several Pedroia bats and have handled several more and almost all of them have a heavier and higher pine tar application and have been LVS. I also only remember 1 early bat in which the bottom of the handle was taped that way. My guess is a BP bat or a bat used by a teammate.
    kelly

has he ever taped his bats before?

The seller of the bat is a member of this forum, and he has a recenct post about this bat.

ok...so do you think its legit?

I don't know of anyone that has had a complaint when purchasing from him. It seem legit with the steiner and MLB holo, we all know MLB take forever to update the system. I was the frist bidder and may bid again so I think its legit.

ok thanks alot man...you didnt happen to find a photomatch on this bat have you?

I would do a search on Getty and other photo sites to see if you can locate a pic of him with this model bat. Like I said earlier, i don't recall him using this model and have only seen 1 bat 2 years ago in which he has taped his bat on the knob. Regardless of who the seller is, my main concern would be if this bat was used by Pedroia in a game. I personallly would rather own a black M9(or other LVS bat) that I have seen him use in the last 2 seasons, but thats just me.

what are the chances of him this being that bat? It is from steiner and does have an mlb hologram? Pretty new to this hobby so going by your word

Quote Originally Posted by kellsox View Post
    Going off memory...I don't recall Pedroia using this model bat this year. I own several Pedroia bats and have handled several more and almost all of them have a heavier and higher pine tar application and have been LVS. I also only remember 1 early bat in which the bottom of the handle was taped that way. My guess is a BP bat or a bat used by a teammate.
    kelly
    I have seen 2 blonde s318 bats with the taped handle like the one on ebay, they both had #64 on the knobs, which of course was his # before switching to #15. Its most likley something he did very early in his career.