Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: April Pickups

April Pickups

Its April 1st and was able to pick up a 2009 game used Nick Swisher bat and was able to photomatch it already to the 2009 NLDS series. bat should arrive in next week or so.

Re: April Pickups

sorry to the ALCS against the angels

halofan

I just finally updated my site with recent pick ups and as well as a Fan Fest 2011 review

http://www.freewebs.com/halofan1527/newstuff.htm

http://www.freewebs.com/halofan1527/fanfest2011.htm

Billy

Some of these technically came in March, but since April is here, finally got around to shooting these:

Jordan Norwood (WE ARE...PENN STATE!) Game worn Jersey and cleats from the ONLY game he has ever dressed for in the NFL, in 2009 vs. ATL. Now if I can only get his helmet from that game . Also want to give a special thanks to Jason at MeiGray for working with me to verify the game use of this jersey, and having the Eagles even fix the LOA! Can't wait for them to get more PSU players in!

Also, a GU Darryl Clark (WE ARE...PENN STATE!) signed cleat. Have the other one on hold.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

More pickups...

A pair of of GU Bani Gbadyu (WE ARE...PENN STATE!) signed cleats. These should be here today or tomorrow.

Also, a Jon Kuhn (Packers) Shippensburg University baseball cap that I got signed last weekend in person.

Last, but not least, former Steelers Chris Hope GU Titans practice jersey.

I was able to add Vance Wilson’s 2006 World Series road jersey to the collection. Unfortunately he didn’t play in the post season but the price was right and World Series jerseys don’t grow on trees. (It is also MLB authenticated) It shows decent use for a backup catcher, pilling and loose threads on the back where the chest protector strap would have rubbed.
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Quote Originally Posted by russyurk View Post
    I was able to add Vance Wilson’s 2006 World Series road jersey to the collection. Unfortunately he didn’t play in the post season but the price was right and World Series jerseys don’t grow on trees. (It is also MLB authenticated) It shows decent use for a backup catcher, pilling and loose threads on the back where the chest protector strap would have rubbed.
    What is the significance of the cursive initials (?) written on the tag?

wade

Quote Originally Posted by WadeInBmore View Post
    What is the significance of the cursive initials (?) written on the tag?

wade
    I believe it is the equipment manager's signature, I guess to serve as an "approval" of the equipment assigned to the player.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    I believe it is the equipment manager's signature, I guess to serve as an "approval" of the equipment assigned to the player.
    Correct, the "JS" stands for equipment manager Jim Schmakel whose initials you will frequently see on Tigers' gamers.
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Banned

Exclamation Re: April Pickups

Quote Originally Posted by russyurk View Post
    Correct, the "JS" stands for equipment manager Jim Schmakel whose initials you will frequently see on Tigers' gamers.
    The JS initials are a sign that the team approved the release of the jersey into the hobby/fan market. This started in the 1980s when, unlike now, only a small number of Tigers gamers were in the hobby, and many of them were stolen or obtained without going through proper channels. The Tigers would sometimes send team officials to the many small and large Detroit area shows of the day looking for Tigers gamers, and a jersey without the "JS" was deemed by the team officials to have gotten in the marketplace in an unauthorized manner. They would declare them stolen property and confiscate them.

Dave Miedema