Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Strasburg mania continues - MLB '70 Senators jerseys up

Strasburg and other National's players up on MLB Auctions for their '70 Senators throwback jerseys:

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=125441695

Let's see how high his goes?! $10k at least I say... It's already at $1k in less than 24hrs.

Uhhh, the the mania continues!

Re: Strasburg mania continues - MLB '70 Senators jerseys up

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Strasburg and other National's players up on MLB Auctions for their '70 Senators throwback jerseys:

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=125441695

Let's see how high his goes?! $10k at least I say... It's already at $1k in less than 24hrs.

Uhhh, the the mania continues!
    Since you like Michael Jordan, you will like the Michael Jordan question.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Strasburg has very long fingers and can make the balls dance. He has movement on his pitches which makes him special to go with a 100 MPH fastball and 92 MPH changeup.

Now then, is a jersey he wore in a game he didn't pitch in worth 10K? Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

I took some photos of him yesterday in the Throwback:

Name:  strasburg_Nieves_6-26-10.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  39.4 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Ah, didn't know he didn't pitch, just figured since it was "game used". Not following this "Stras mania" is fine for me as I could care less about him or any of his memorabilia.

I still say this "game used" jersey is going to go for a lot more than $1k as it sits now. Maybe not $10k, but definitely a few thousand, as there's lot of suckers out there eating this crap up alive for an unproven MLB player.

Have fun!

Banned

Question for the masses: On Ebay there are a slew (or at least there was the other day) of balls that the seller cites are GU from Strats debut game. They are MLB holoed and they are listed in the MLB database as "game ready" baseballs from Strats debut game. Does anyone know more about this? Is it just like jerseys that the chain of custody broke so MLB wont list them as GU though they are or were they never actually used in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Question for the masses: On Ebay there are a slew (or at least there was the other day) of balls that the seller cites are GU from Strats debut game. They are MLB holoed and they are listed in the MLB database as "game ready" baseballs from Strats debut game. Does anyone know more about this? Is it just like jerseys that the chain of custody broke so MLB wont list them as GU though they are or were they never actually used in the game?

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-STRASBUR...item43a00e1f79

Yes, those are the balls that the umpire still had in his pouch at the end of the game and also balls ready to come into the game that weren't used.

MLB has hologram'd game ready balls before at the World Series and All Star game.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-STRASBUR...item43a00e1f79

Yes, those are the balls that the umpire still had in his pouch at the end of the game and also balls ready to come into the game that weren't used.

MLB has hologram'd game ready balls before at the World Series and All Star game.
    Two groups:

LH556801-5560820
    "GAME-READY BALLS FROM STEPHEN STRASBURG'S MLB DEBUT

LH556821-LH556835
    "GAME-READY BALLS FROM STEPHEN STRASBURG'S MLB DEBUT FROM UMBIRE TOM HALLION'S BALL BAG
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Two groups:

LH556801-5560820
    "GAME-READY BALLS FROM STEPHEN STRASBURG'S MLB DEBUT

LH556821-LH556835
    "GAME-READY BALLS FROM STEPHEN STRASBURG'S MLB DEBUT FROM UMBIRE TOM HALLION'S BALL BAG
    Joel - Thanks for the research. I have never seen them break the holograms down like that. So almost 3 dozen balls in total that were game ready.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I was at The Game And Telling my GirlFriend his Jersey will go for like around 5 Grand.She even said but He is not Playing.I told her it does not matter because his Stuff is very Hot right now And People will Pay for his Items.I was very Close to getting his Autograph but did not.He Signed for A Kid Next to me on Friday Night.

Thanks
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Joel - Thanks for the research. I have never seen them break the holograms down like that. So almost 3 dozen balls in total that were game ready.
    Also be aware that MLB has authenticated 'replica' lineup cards for the game. In the case of the Pirates card, the actual card plus two 'replica' cards are listed in the MLB database.

This is a very unfortunate precedent e.g. last week the Pirates auctioned one of the replica cards, describing it as the game used lineup card with no disclosure of the replica cards.

Authentication of these 'replica' cards is not limited to the Strasburg debut game. I recently encountered another one from the Cardinals/Cubs game played on May 30.

Buyer beware.

MLB, please recognize that practices such as this violate the historic integrity of these events and the artifacts that come out of them.

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    I was at The Game And Telling my GirlFriend his Jersey will go for like around 5 Grand.She even said but He is not Playing.I told her it does not matter because his Stuff is very Hot right now And People will Pay for his Items.I was very Close to getting his Autograph but did not.He Signed for A Kid Next to me on Friday Night.

Thanks
    Geoff

Geoff thanks for posting. There have been some rumors flying around that he is not signing for ANYONE, even kids. Glad to hear that is not true.