Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow Need Opinions On A Mock-Up Player LOA

I have a GU item that I was going to take into the player along with some pics for a photo match. I want the player to sign off on a LOA and I'm looking to see what you guys think of the LOA so far.

Please, all questions and comments are need - Good or Bad!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Need Opinions On A Mock-Up Player LOA

Very nice, I hope the player will sign it for you. Maybe you could try to add a picture of the item somewhere on the LOA also, just to make sure its the exact item.

I should add that the LOA, as well as the item will be hologram'd. I would like to get some pics of the item on the LOA but I do not want to sacrifice photo quality.

Assuming all goes as planned, the LOA, 6 pages of photos, as well as the other accompanying information, will be put in a folder designated for this particular item.

I am not sure the venue you wish to have this done in, and perhaps I am way too cynical and look for the worst, but why would a player even consider signing that? Why would they be willing to take on any sort of liability that he is vouching for the authenticity of whatever you are putting in front of him? If I am the player, no matter what sort of photos or evidence you put in front of me, I would have a hard time taking on the potential liability of putting my name on paper associated with certification of anything. Or further, associating myself with a company (yours) that I likely know nothing about. My upside (as the player) is limited to - I am a nice guy. My downside, is you forged the whole thing, sell it on ebay, and I, having the deepest pockets of anybody involved and having certified it as authentic, am the subject of a lawsuit down the road. That seems to be an unbalanced risk for the player.

Also, and perhaps this is the most important, if you have all the evidence required to get the player comfortable with him signing a certification for you, why do you even need the certification? What do you gain?

Not trying to be a buzz kill, just my thoughts/questions.
    email is matmuell at umich.edu

It's a good idea ... but for me it is too gaudy with self-promotion. I'd tone it down. And get a proofreader to go over it for grammar errors, etc. For example, the use of "myself" is incorrect.

To me the more "gaudy" the less likely a player will sign because it looks like a promotion of yourself to make money off the item ... not to add it to a collection. Try to look more professional, not promotional.

And I would sure insist that the most definite photoMATCH (not style) image be directly on the page the player is signing. Anything on the next 6 or 100 pages isn't legit. to the signature. Maybe in place of one of your three logos.

But I think you're on the start to doing a good thing.

Arrow Re: Need Opinions On A Mock-Up Player LOA

Thanks for the input. I just whipped one up on a generic letterhead, and yes, it has our logo all over it. It does look a little 'self promoting' the more I look at it. (FYI that is not my intention in the least) I have made some alterations, minimized the wording, and fixed the grammar -

I have 6 8x10 photos clearly showing each specific mark that I used for photomatching. If I put 6 images on the LOA they will have to be downsized and the details of each mark will be decreased, or less definitive.

I want the player to clearly see the marks in the photo's and be able to compare each one to the item itself in great detail. That way there is no room for question. I want him to be absolutely 100% sure that it is an EXACT MATCH.

I see what is being said with the whole '...doesn't matter what is on the next 6 or 100 pages...' but I don't know how I can do both on the same page without making a 16x20 LOA -

This is a stretch and pushing the players' patience, but getting the player to initial and date each photo help make them a legal attachment. But remember, simple is better. Try making the watermark as light as you can to have it be seen, not distracting.

Feel free to email me copy for an unpaid, quick glance for proofreading. Or just post it here, then you'll have many more eyes helping!

Quote Originally Posted by cordovacollector View Post
    This is a stretch and pushing the players' patience, but getting the player to initial and date each photo help make them a legal attachment. But remember, simple is better. Try making the watermark as light as you can to have it be seen, not distracting.

Feel free to email me copy for an unpaid, quick glance for proofreading. Or just post it here, then you'll have many more eyes helping!

That watermarks prints almost invisible. I know it looks darker in the jpeg I posted, but it is all in the picture. The printed copy is fine.

I'm going to play around with it tonite and see if I can work the pics in somehow. I really don't think that the initials & date thing can work. We will be pressed for time as it is, and YES - simple=better.

Attached is an example of the COAs I have been working on for the items in my collection - including pictures. The picture was scanned from the original 8 x 10 and then attached to the COA.

I print them out on Matte Finish Photo Paper.... it is heavier in weight and shows the photos well.

- Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files

So here is a revised copy. I was able to work photos of the item into the LOA. I didn't sacrifice much quality in the images, so I think that it will work. I also tried to minimize the 'self promo' look.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images